Report to WSU Faculty, Meeting of February
Since its November 18, 1997 report to the University Faculty, the UCAPC
met on December 10, January 7, January 21, and February 11. During its
deliberations the committee reviewed and approved (except as noted by *)
Undergraduate Minor Programs - New
Undergraduate Major Programs - Changes
- Minor in Air Force Studies: 32 hrs including 18 hrs required and 14
Academic Policy Changes
- B.S. in Education - Early Childhood (changes to meet new licensure
- B.S. in Education - Middle Childhood (changes to meet new licensure
Policy Administration Changes
- Course Add/registration Policy: change from first week to first two
days of quarter.
- Course Drop Policy: allow instructor discretion to drop for missing
first two class days.
- Transfer Policy: students awarded CLEP credits at other Ohio institutions
- * Grade Policy: implementation of +/- system (under UCAPC review and
General Education Program Revision *
- Courses repeated for credit will be systematically identified in the
inventory and catalog.
Undergraduate Course Modification and Inventory Requests
- UCAPC, as well as the WAC Committee and the Pluralism (Diversity) in
American Society Committee, will continue to review the GE Task Force proposals
following input and additional recommendations from the university faculty.
- Reviewed 106 course modifications and new course proposals: CEHS (63),
COSM (26), COLA (8), COBA (6), and Military Science (3) - approved 94 and
returned 12 to colleges for further consideration.
The committee scheduled its next meeting for Wednesday, March 4, 1998,
11:00 a.m. in 032 Rike Hall.