The Curriculum Committee met on April 15 and conducted the following business:
Approved Minutes of March 16, 2009.
Writing Across the Curriculum Committee (WAC) -- Joe Law, Chair, was at the time of this meeting conducting a university WAC Workshop.
University General Education Committee (UGEC) -- Jean Edwards, Chair, reported that the GE recognition day will be held May 4, 11:30, in the Berry Room. More details will be forthcoming in a UGEC announcement.
Undergraduate Academic Program Review Committee (UAPRC) -- Susan Carrafiello, Chair, no report.
Course Inventory and Modification Requests
Approved Modifications: ME 102
Approved Inventories: ED 310
Approved Inventories: WMS 301*, delete the following CLS 160, CLS 300, PHL 124, PHL 281, PHL 322, PHL 382, PHL 383, REL 208, REL 270, REL 290, REL 357, REL 382, REL 383, REL 479, REL 487, REL 498
* The committee made necessary changes to the title for student record. Contact the COLA representative for specifics.
Approved Modifications: ENG 205*
* The committee made necessary changes to the title for student record and the catalog description. Contact the COLA representative for specifics.
Approved Inventories: IT 297
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
B.S. Materials Science Engineering
* Both programs were approved after many changes had to be made by the committee to correct the CECS' arithmetical errors, hence degree program errors, in credit hours for GE and for Engineering Requirements. Contact the CECS representative for specifics.
B.A. Criminal Justice
* The committee had to make several changes in the wording of the sections of the program proposal. Contact the COLA representative for specifics.
B.S. Computer Science: Visualization Option
* The committee had to request that the CECS submit the appropriate degree listing materials for the proposal. Contact the CECS representative for specifics.
Adjourned: Next meeting April 15. Spring Quarter Meetings and other schedules as follows: