The Division of Student Affairs is comprised of multiple departments that are in place to support the student experience beyond the classroom. Most of these units are located in the Student Union for your convenience and all are staffed by dedicated individuals who chose their profession because they want to serve students.
We encourage you to explore the links below to learn more about the scope and variety of services offered.
Want to work out? Miss playing competitive sports? Looking to burn some calories?
The Office of Campus Recreation is just the place.
Programs offered include:
- Intramural sports
- Open Rec
- Classes and fitness programs
- Adapted Recreation for students with disabilities
- Outdoor trips and adventures
- Sports Clubs
Career and Workforce Development
Need help deciding on a major or career path? Looking for a job? Want to update your resume?
Career Services has the staff and resources to help your explore your options.
Career Development and Job Hunting
- Internships and Co-Op experiences
- Student Employment and Work-Study
- Career Fairs and Job Fairs
- Online job search and resume posting
- Mock Interviews
- Etiquette training
- Job search coaching
- Salary negotiations
Deciding on your future
- Career Exploration
- Interest and skills assessments
- Help in choosing a major
- Career Mentoring
Community Standards and Student Conduct
Facing a misconduct charge? Want to know your student rights? Looking for the Student Code of Conduct?
The Community Standards and Student Conduct office can help you understand your rights and what is expected of you as a community member of Wright State.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of the WSU Student Code of Conduct including violations of academic integrity
- Educational intervention for students charged with code violations
- Liaison to Student Legal Services
- Handbook for Students
- Student Code of Conduct
- Academic Integrity Violations
- Managing Inappropriate Student Behavior: A guide for faculty and staff
Counseling and Wellness
Anxious? Depressed? Drinking too much? Feeling overwhelmed? Struggling to cope?
Counseling and Wellness has counselors available for you.
- Understanding Self and Others
- Mindful Eating
- Loving Kindness
- Safe Haven
- Students with Disability
- Men's Group
- Women in Relationships
- Grief and loss
- Career Counseling
- Relationship Problems
- Crisis Management
- Gender and Relationships
- Trauma and Recovery
- Suicide Assessment
- Alcohol/Drug Use
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- Eating Disorders
Raider Cares is Counseling and Wellness Services’ 24-hour crisis phone service. The Raider Cares line is staffed by off-site mental health professionals providing emotional support, assistance, crisis intervention and suicide prevention to current Wright State University students experiencing emotional distress. Call Raider Cares at 855-224-2887 (TTY: 855-327-9151)
In need of accommodations? Looking for adapted course materials? Need assistance with daily living?
As a student with a disability, we are here for you.
Academic Support Services
- Reader/ Writer Services
- Sign Language Interpreters
- Note Taking and Lab Assistance
- Test Proctoring and Accommodation
Adaptive Technology & Media
- Audio –Files
- Image Enhancements
- Assistance with Daily Living and Hygiene
- Accessible Housing
Career & Vocational Support
- Resume Creation and Interviewing Advice
- Internship Assistance
- Career Planning & Development
- Work Site Experience
Want to watch the Raiders play? Looking for something fun to do? Got school spirit?
Our Wright State men's and women's teams are highly competitive. Join the excitement and Raider UP!!!
Men’s Athletic Programs
- Outdoor Track
- Cross County
- Swimming & Diving
Women’s Athletic Programs
- Cross County
- Swimming & Diving
- Indoor/ Outdoor Track
- Emerald Jazz Dance Team
- Rowdy Raider
Constructed in December, 1990, Wright State University's Ervin J. Nutter Center is a premier entertainment facility. Named after Ervin J. Nutter, a local businessman, engineer, inventor and philanthropist, Wright State's Nutter Center can comfortably accommodate as many as 12,000 people for concerts, basketball games, ice shows, monster truck races and circuses. Included in the 260,000 square foot arena are 18 luxury suites around the concourse level, four additional basketball/volleyball courts, a recreational running track, a fully-equipped weight room, a multipurpose room, dressing rooms, and classrooms.
Need emergency assistance? Want to find out about campus safety? Out late at night and need an escort to your car?
Contact our Wright State Police Department and let us assist you.
- Full time 24-7 police operation
- Emergency Response and Crisis Response
- Residence Watch and Campus Watch Programs
- Emergency Phones on campus
- Safety Escort Service (S.A.F.E.)
Crime Prevention and Education
- Operation ID
- Self Defense Classes
- Drug Dog Patrols
- Shots Fired Video Training
Residence Life and Housing
Living off campus and want to eliminate the commute? Looking for the total college experience? Need a roommate?
Residence Life and Housing can hook you up.
- Residence Halls
- Campus Apartments
- Living Learning Communities
- Honors Communities
- Themed Housing
Programs and Getting Involved
- Academic Success
- Community Service
- Diversity Education
- Residential Student Organizations
- Programming Board
- Leadership Development
Student Health Services
Feeling sick? Need a tetanus shot? Looking for a healthier lifestyle?
Student Health Services is here for you.
- Nurse Practitioner for primary care (appointment required)
- Part-Time Physician for more serious problems (appointment required)
- Accept walk-in visits
- Nurse visits for minor illness, injuries and immunizations
- Health Screenings
- Flu Shots
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Male/Female Exams
Want to make new friends? Looking to get involved? Need to develop leadership skills?
Check out the Office of Student Activities. They don't just call us the fun people for nothing.
Services and Programming
- Maintains list of all registered WSU student organizations with their contact information
- Offers Calendar of Campus Events
- Hosts special programs like Homecoming, Welcome Week, Fall Fest and April Craze.
- Provides advice and assistance to student orgs planning events
- Offers links to community organizations for volunteer and service opportunities
- Fraternity and Sorority Chapters
- National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
- National Panhellenic Conference (NPC)
- Interfraternity Council (IFC)
- Development and training for leadership skills
- Courses and workshops for emerging, established and advanced leaders
- Retreats and team building opportunities
- Leadership recognitions and rewards
Student Support Services
Facing a personal or family emergency? Hospitalized and need help? Are you a victim of sexual assault?
Student Support Services is here to help you navigate lifes unexpected moments.
Student Advocates that
- Help remove barriers to student success
- Ease the transition
- Provide assistance with individual student concerns
- Match campus resources and community resources to student problems and needs
Programs and Services offered:
- Off-Campus Housing Association: coordinate off-campus housing and roommate listing service
- Sexual Assault Education and Prevention program
- Community Service Programs: assistance with planning/implementing service activities and events
- Parents Association: Parents connection to WSU
- Parent’s Weekend: annual fun event for parents and families
Planning an event? Need to book a conference room? Looking for an event ticket?
Speak to the folks in the Student Union office for all your logistical needs.
Events and Conference Planning
- Room and Audio Visual Reservations
- Help with planning and catering an event
- Online Event Ticket Sales Support
- Box Office Ticket Sales Service
- Recreation and Information Desk
- Campus Billboards
- Student Locker Rentals
- Facilities and Building Support