Graduate Policies and Procedures Manual

3.60 Withdrawal from Courses


Students may drop a course without a grade appearing on their record or withdraw from a course with a "W" appearing on their transcript for the course grade up to specific dates each term. Refer to the Class Schedule for the time periods that are applicable to dropping or withdrawing from a class.


Students who stop attending a course and do not make an official withdrawal through WINGS Express or the Office of the Registrar will receive a grade of "F" or "X" at the instructor's discretion. The "X' grade remains on the students' permanent record and is computed in the grade point average as an "F". Non-attendance of the courses or notification to an instructor does not constitute official withdrawal.