Wright State University has several important policies which are listed on this site.
By registering for classes, you are responsible for all charges incurred. Please see Student’s Acknowledgement of Financial Responsibility.
On this page:
- Wright State University accepts credit card payments for tuition, room and board or other student fees ONLY through WINGS Express online payments
- Wright State has contracted with a third party, PayPath, to process Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit card payments online only through WINGS Express.
- A convenience fee of 2.75% is applied to your credit card to pay for this service.
- The convenience fee is nonrefundable, even if the payment is refunded.
- Other online payment methods such as e-check are available without a convenience fee at the fee payment site in WINGS Express.
- Our Payment Plan is another convenient payment option. There is a non-refundable application fee assessed each semester for students using the plan , which is paid with the first payment. There is no interest and, as long as you make the payments on time, no additional fees. This low cost plan can help you avoid the high-interest credit card debt.
By registering for classes at Wright State University, I agree to assume financial responsibility for all charges billed to my student account including, but not limited to, in-state and out-of-state tuition, general fees, course fees, housing, meal plan and telephone charges, health insurance, late fees, parking permits and fines (hereafter referred to separately and collectively as "Student Obligations"). By checking the acknowledgment box, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the following provisions:
When I register:
- Beginning with the second due date and remaining due dates of each semester, a $50.00 late payment fee will be assessed during the term my account remains unpaid.
- My classes will be subject to cancellation if my account remains unpaid after the beginning of the term.
- It is my responsibility to withdraw from classes during the 100% refund period if I decide not to attend this semester.
Regardless of the registration period, I understand and acknowledge:
- If my federal or institutional financial aid is either not received by Wright State University or I later lose eligibility to retain financial aid for the semester, I assume responsibility for paying all Student Obligations for this term.
- If my third party sponsor (private employer, governmental agency, etc.) fails to pay Wright State University by the end of the term, I assume responsibility for paying the amount the sponsor originally promised to pay on my behalf.
- Additional late payment fees will be assessed throughout the term if I fail to pay my Student Obligations during the semester.
- A "HOLD" will be placed on my records if my Student Obligations remain unpaid after the official refund period ends for the term which will prevent my ability to register for future semesters, adjust class schedule for the current term, receive an official university transcript and have degree status confirmed by the university.
- All costs, expenses, late fees, and attorney fees related to the collection of my Student Obligations will be paid by me to the full extent permitted by law.
- Wright State University and its' representatives may use an automated calling system and a pre-recorded message to contact me by phone regarding any outstanding account I have and will use any phone number I have provided.
Wright State University follows IRS guidelines by preparing IRS Form 1098-T annually for students with charges billed for qualified tuition and related expenses in excess of scholarships and grants or for students who have prior year adjustments.