The Peer Success Program matches you with a peer coach for weekly meetings and tips on how to successfully navigate Wright State. Our peer coaches focus on holistic well-being by providing support, problem-solving, and goal setting tips that assist you in reaching your educational goals. The Peer Success Program seeks to:
- Increase a sense of belonging with a built-in peer support system
- Initiate early intervention strategies as early as possible
- Provide an additional touchpoint via weekly follow up
- Identify barriers prohibiting student success
- Allow students to see their peers model excellence
- Assist in the transition between high school and university life
- Promote healthy classroom behaviors
If you are interested in joining the Peer Success Program, apply today at this link:
Peer Success Program Application
Once your application is received and reviewed, you will be contacted directly by a member of the Student Retention Team regarding your matched peer coach. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A media studies major, Katie Jones is a member of Advocates for Cultural-diversity and Excellence, Wright State's first Asian interest group, and an intern for Elevate Dayton.
Megan is a junior at Wright State University, majoring in international studies (with a focus in diplomacy and peace studies) and Spanish. She has a passion for helping others and being part of something that is beyond herself.