Wright State University enrolls hundreds of students like you, interested in pursuing careers in the health professions. The Pre-Health Advising Program provides support to you in collaboration with academic and university honors advisors. Advising resources that include up-to-date information on requirements, admission statistics, and other relevant information are available to you. Our office prepares you to become a competitive applicant for many health professional programs including medicine, dentistry, optometry, veterinary medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, pharmacy, and physician's assistant.
The Pre-Health Advising Program works to empower and engage you through exploring, preparing, and applying to health professional programs. Assisting you in a holistic process, we provide:
- Guidance in self-assessment and career exploration
- Aid in personalizing a program of schedule that satisfies degree and pre-professional requirements
- Student engagement in curricular and co-curricular experiences, such as research and mentoring
- Workshops on building strong applications, meeting deadlines, and effectively writing personal statements
- Individualized time with advisor
Talk to your academic advisor to join the Pre-Health Pilot Community for additional information and workshop schedules.
If you need to schedule an appointment, provide a name, phone number, UID (if Wright State student), year in school, major, and reason for appointment.