Our department is on the main campus of Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio. We are affiliated with both the Boonshoft School of Medicine and the College of Science and Mathematics. We endeavor to organize, promote and deliver the highest quality biomedical research and education possible. By emphasizing the fields of neuroscience, cell biology and physiology, we blend our faculty's diversity into a group rich in scholarly skills and interests.
We host and participate in many academic events throughout the school year, and the department is home to several educational programs, research activities and service opportunities. You will find plenty of news and information on this site, but please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Department by numbers
- Faculty – 21
- Administrative personnel – 4
- Researchers – 16
- Graduate students – 12 Ph.D. and 69 MS
- Undergraduate research students – 10
In the past 5 years, the department has:
- Graduated 66 Master students in Anatomy and 2 in the Certificate in Anatomy Program
- Graduated 12 Master students in Physiology and Neuroscience
- Graduated 14 Ph.D. students
- Generated $15,193,022.58 in external grant dollars from a variety of agencies and organizations; including: National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, American Heart Association, and Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Published over 125 manuscripts
- Adjunct faculty have published an additional 46 manuscripts