Wright State was ranked No. 89 among the top 100 most affordable universities in the nation, a list that ranks institutions that combine proven quality with reasonable costs.
Wright State was ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top university among hundreds in their ranking. Universities ranked in this category are exceptional, offering a full range of undergraduate, master's, and doctoral programs, as well as participating in groundbreaking research and innovative projects.
U.S. News & World Report has ranked Wright State's undergraduate engineering programs as No. 146 among hundreds of engineering programs across the nation. The program faculty are dedicated to student success and offer one-on-one support to all students. The university is also located in Dayton, Ohio, a hub of technical expertise in industrial engineering, human factors engineering, aerospace, unmanned aerial systems, engineering innovation, and more for internships and future career advancement.
U.S. News & World Report asked 24,400 guidance counselors to rank which universities offered the best undergraduate education. Wright State University was ranked No. 261 among hundreds of universities in the United States for its exceptional education and affordable tuition.
U.S. News & World Report ranked Wright State's online business graduate degree programs for veterans (excluding M.B.A.) No. 17 among all programs for veterans in 2019. All Wright State's online graduate business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the gold standard of business school accreditation. Wright State is also ranked a top military-friendly university for nine consecutive years. Our programs focus on a problem-solving approach that blends real-life experiences with simulations and case studies. All students complete an industry capstone project in collaboration with community businesses and organizations.
U.S. News & World Report ranked Wright State's online graduate nursing programs No. 126 among all graduate nursing programs. The nursing program has a high certfication pass rate, excellent clinical site placements, and an outstanding reputation in the region with strong community partnerships.
U.S. News & World Report has ranked Wright State's online graduate engineering programs as No. 41 among all graduate engineering programs. The program faculty are dedicated to student success and new lecture videos are produced to help the student experience. The university is also located in Dayton, Ohio, a hub of technical expertise in industrial engineering, human factors engineering, aerospace, unmanned aerial systems, engineering innovation, and more for internships and future career advancement.
U.S. News & World Report ranked Wright State's online M.B.A. degree program No. 175 among all M.B.A. programs in 2019. The online M.B.A. program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the gold standard of business school accreditation. Students can compete the program at their pace and can customize the curriculum with online and face-to-face courses if they want. We also have one of the lowest tuition rates among AACSB-accredited schools in our geographic region.
Trying to boost your attendance at an event? Social media can be a very effective tool to supplement your marketing mix, which may include printed materials, email, website, event calendar post, and WINGS announcement.
Some tips to help you get the most out of your organic (unpaid) posts:
- Match the message to the audience: Each platform has a unique audience. Make sure the event is appropriate to that audience, and is promoted in a way that makes it meaningful to them. This means that an event with a specific target audience may not be appropriate to promote on a channel that has a very broad audience.
- Have a single, clear call to action (CTA): Want them to visit your website for more information? Want them to register at a specific page? Tell them and provide the link. Don’t add multiple CTA’s (e.g., multiple websites or phone numbers) or they will be confused.
- Use photos or videos: Want your content to get seen? Add a compelling photo or video. Visuals catch a user’s attention. If the visual looks interesting, they will be more likely to read the content.
- Do not use flyers, posters, or other content with many words on them: This is tough, because it’s so easy to just throw a digital file online, right? Unfortunately, this method dooms your post to failure. Facebook algorithms (which also extends to a small degree to Instagram) will flag your post and you’ll get a noticeable decrease in post views. On Twitter, the platform will only display a part of your poster, which will look choppy and confusing; users will not be inclined to click on it to expand.
- Make sure it looks like something that is coming from Wright State: Will your event be on Wright State’s campus? Then make sure it looks that way from a glance. Do not use pink, purple, orange, red, blue, or other schools’ color combinations. Use variations of green and gold with white and black accents. If you add our logo, do not squish, stretch, change the color, split up, or otherwise modify it. View our Wright State Brandbook for more info on making your promotions look more official: www.wright.edu/brand
- Choose your words carefully: Don’t just type the who, what, where, and when (though don’t forget to include them, either!). Make sure you include the WHY—why people should bother to attend. What’s in it for them?
- Shorter is better: Social media algorithms and user preferences both demand shorter posts. Try to keep your copy to under 90 characters, if possible. That’s not always possible, but if you can user fewer words, do so.
- Use appropriate hashtags: Research hashtags before you randomly use them. Make sure the way they are being used online matches the tone of your event. Also try to always use the hashtag #WrightState if it will take place on campus. This also helps us to find your content to engage with it from the main Wright State accounts.
- Schedule multiple posts with increasing frequency as you approach the event: Start promoting your event as early as possible with a save-the-date post. Then do reminder posts about once every week or two until you are within two weeks of the event. At that point, start increasing your frequency to once every few days. Change the content each time so it does not look like you are spamming your audience, or they will stop following you. This is easy to do with the university’s social media management platform. Contact us if you need help getting started.
Still need help? Or would you like more information on paid social media promotion? Email the social media team at email@example.com and let us know what you’re working on.
Wright State University's Master of Science in Logistics and Supply Chain Management ranks among the top online graduate programs in the nation because of its excellent quality and affordability. This cohort program allows you to work with your peers at residencies and online as you advance through your studies.
U.S. News & World Report ranked Wright State University’s business programs No. 274 out of the 503 schools included in their 2019 National Universities rankings.
U.S. News & World Report ranked Wright State University’s doctoral engineering programs No. 146 out of the 206 schools included in their 2019 National Universities rankings.
U.S. News & World Report has ranked Wright State among the best in undergraduate education for high school students based on surveys by high school counselors. They surveyed 24,400 high school guidance counselors from high schools in all 50 states and Washington, D.C., to tell them which universities offer the best undergraduate education to their students. Of the thousands of universities in the United States, only 281 were ranked. Wright State was ranked No. 261 out of 281.
U.S. News ranked Wright State’s online Master of Information Systems and Master of Science in Logistics and Supply Chain Management programs offered by the Raj Soin College of Business 19th among the 165 schools responding to the magazine’s surveys. The programs’ score of 82 ranked higher than those of such schools as Michigan State University, the University of Georgia and the University of Cincinnati. It marked the first time the programs ranked in the Top 20.
Wright State’s online Master of Education Program offered by the College of Education and Human Services was ranked 46th among those of the 309 respondents. Its score of 80 was better than schools such as the University of Virginia and the University of Cincinnati.
The online Industrial and Human Factors Engineering Program offered by the College of Engineering and Computer Science was ranked 67th among those of the 93 respondents.
Online graduate programs offered by the College of Nursing and Health were ranked 91st among those of the 159 respondents.
The online MBA program offered by the Raj Soin College of Business ranked 128th out of the 282 considered. Its score of 48 put it above schools such as Wichita State University, New Mexico State University and Kent State University.
Wright State’s online bachelor’s degree programs were ranked 153rd among the 357 respondents. The programs’ score of 67 put them above those of schools such as the University of Oklahoma, Eastern Michigan University and the University of Louisville.