Feed Ohio Donation Drive Extended until Sept. 15th at 5 p.m.
Sept. 2 - Sept. 15 - Join us as we participate in Feed Ohio, a statewide initiative to fill our local pantries and help feed the hungry. We will be helping to fill the Friendship Food Pantry here on campus. This is also a great opportunity to volunteer on September 11th, our National Day of Service and Remembrance. If each of us bring in two items, we will overflow the barrels.
Barrels for donations will be at the following locations:
- WSRI building - 4035 Col. Glenn Hwy
- In the Student Union – Raider Connect (near the elevator)
- Dunbar Library
- Millett (outside women’s center)
- Med. Sci Bldg (near Human Resources office – 1st floor)
- University Hall (near first floor elevators)
All are invited to participate via donation and/or help in spreading the word about the food drive. More information on the Feed Ohio campaign in general can be found at http://www.feedohio.org/.
Items Sought for the Pantry:
- Canned Fruit (Pears, peaches, fruit cocktail, pineapple, mandarin oranges, etc.)
- Vegetable cans (carrots, sweet potatoes, potatoes, corn, peas but NO green beans or kidney beans)
- Fruit juice
- Canned Soups (Tomato soup, vegetable soup, cream of mushroom, cream of potato but NO Chicken Noodle)
- Instant Rice & Instant Potatoes
- Whole Wheat and Regular Spaghetti
- Canned meat (Chicken)
- Canned Pasta
- Men’s & Women’s Personal Hygiene Products (Shampooing, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, soaps, etc.)
- Gravy (Jars or Packets)
- Plastic ware
- Can openers
- Cooking Utensils
- Paper Plates
- Toilet Paper
- Plastic sandwich bags
- Large Ziploc bags
Air Force Marathon 5K
Friday, September 19th - Come cheer on the runners and walkers while working the water station.
Cards 4 Kids
Check back for details.
Many of us throw away the Box Tops for Education labels that are on products we use daily. Saville Elementary is a Riverside school that WSU students currently work with. Saville has an Excellent education rating, but also has a high population of needy students. Collecting and donating the Box Tops for Education allows the school to shop for needed supplies and is an easy way we can help. If you are willing to donate your Box Tops for Education to Saville Elementary, please send them to Joanie Hendricks at 216 Med Sci.