Grades used in the Calculation of Averages
- A : 4 points
- B : 3 points
- C : 2 points
- D : 1 point
- F : 0 points
- X : 0 points (Student did not complete course or officially withdraw)
Grades NOT used in the Calculation of Averages
- S : Satisfactory performance (final grade will be assigned upon completion of project). This grade was discontinued after Summer Quarter 1992.
- L : Audit (course not taken for credit).
- M : Satisfactory progress on a project (final grade will be assigned upon completion of the project). This grade was introduced Fall Quarter 1992.
- N : No grade reported by the instructor.If student completed this course and should have been assigned a grade, then student should contact the instructor immediately. Student cannot graduate with a grade of N in any course.
- P : Pass (beginning Fall Quarter 1992, this grade is equivalent to a "C" or better for undergraduate courses and a "B" or better for graduate courses. Prior to Fall Quarter 1992, the grade of "P" was the equivalent to a grade of "D" or better for undergraduate courses and a grade of "C" or better for graduate courses).
- U : Unsatisfactory performance.
- T : Attendance in honors courses. Those hours are not counted toward graduation. This grade was discontinued beginning Fall 1992.
- I : Work not completed by student.
- W : Official withdrawal.
- -- (Dash) No credit earned for writing intensive lab.
- K : Withdrawn after the 100% refund period, fees assessed. (will not appear on the official transcript).
Courses which have the following grades cannot be used toward the completion of degree requirements: F, X, I, T, S, L, M, N, U, --, and W. Prior to Fall Quarter 1972 and starting Fall Quarter 1979, the "I" is computed the same as an "F" after one semester.
Repeat notations are marked to the right of a grade with the values A, E or I.
- A – Repeated course; grade is included in cumulative grade point average; hours are excluded from hours earned.
- E – Repeated course; grade is excluded in cumulative grade point average; hours are excluded from hours earned.
- I – Repeat course; hours and points included in cumulative grade point average and hours earned.
Fresh Start Coursework
Courses forgiven by Fresh Start policy will be noted with an E following a letter grade.