On this page:
Career Services fosters relationships between employers and our students, alumni, faculty, and staff. We want to help you hire our talented students and alumni to meet your immediate and long-term needs while growing your business. We can help you post jobs and internship opportunities, schedule on-campus interviews and events, and find your next great hire.
Wright State is committed to equity and inclusion and we invite your active participation in creating a campus educational community and workplace environment that celebrates and enjoys the gift of diversity. By working with Career Services, you agree to accept and comply with our guidelines and procedures, including NACE Principles for Professional Practice and EEO. Wright State has in place a non-discrimination and anti-harassment policy. The facilities and services of Career Services are available to those employers whose practices are consistent with this policy.
Employers are encouraged to post internship, cooperative education, part-time and full-time jobs for students and alumni in Handshake free of charge. Once posted students and alumni may submit a resume either through Handshake or directly to the employer via email or the organization's website.
Step 1: Create an account in Handshake
- Visit Handshake
- Select the Employer account type
- Fill out the information requested and select Sign Up
- If you're a third party recruiter select Yes
- Verify your account via email
Step 2: Post your job
- Click Post a Job from home dashboard
- Review and update your Job Basics
- Add the Job Details
- Edit your School Selection to add schools and select Create
Interested in coming to campus? You can request a recruiting event or on-campus interviews through Handshake.
- On-campus interviews: Request on-campus interviews through Handshake and we will contact you to make arrangements.
- Campus Tabling Event: A tabling event is an opportunity to set up a table with promotional materials in a high volume student traffic space. The setup is similar to a career fair, without the stress, and allows for a spotlight opportunity.
- Career fairs and other events: Check out the career calendar to see the upcoming events.
Employer visitor parking is free at the Dayton Campus. The lot 2 visitor booth near the Student Union is open 8 a.m.–8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m.–3 p.m. Friday. Open parking is available for visitors in all campus lots after 4 p.m. Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Practical work experience as an undergraduate is viewed as an important part of our students’ education. We welcome the opportunity to partner with our employers who are interested in posting practical work experience positions that take place throughout the year, either on a full-time or part-time basis.
Paid Experiences: Career Services strongly encourages employers to offer paid experiences for students. Not sure how much you should pay students during the internship? We encourage you to view information from the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) regarding recent survey results about Average Salaries for Interns.
Unpaid Experiences: Career Services follows the guidelines and principles of the NACE regarding the posting of unpaid internship positions. Employers are strongly encouraged to review:
A variety of state, regional, national and international organizations offer membership, benchmarking, and networking information for employers.