Student Health Services
Student Health Services banner
- Nurse Practitioner with prescription authority for primary care
Available daily with walk-in appointments. Appointment required for annual women's exam or physicals.
- Part-time Physician for more serious problems
- Nurse visits for minor illnesses, injuries, and immunizations.
- Blood Testing (done from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm M-F during the semesters and 8:30 am to 11:30 am and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm during breaks)
- Pregnancy Tests, Mono Spots, Urine Checks, Strep Screens in the office
- Female/Male Exams
- Wellness Exams
- Suture Removal
- Allergy Injections
- Blood Pressure
- STI (Sexually Transmitted Infections) Screening
- TB tests
- Flu Shots
- Hepatitis Series
- Meningitis Vaccines
This Plan provides benefits for a covered injury or Sickness ("Loss") which occurs during your term of coverage under this Plan. The expenses for the Loss must also be incurred during your term of coverage under this Plan.
The Plan does not pay for expenses payable by any other insurance or pre-payment plan.
To provide maximum benefits at low cost, the Plan covers hospital care, office visits for sickness and injury, and surgery except where otherwise noted. Elective surgery is not covered. Participation in all athletic activities, other than interscholastic or intercollegiate sports, is covered.
International students will be granted an exemption only if they have U.S. based insurance coverage through the employer of a spouse or parent. This waiver must be obtained from the University Center for International Education office, 190E Student Union.
Student Insurance may be purchased if you are registered for six or more credit hours. If you still have questions concerning the coverage or need assistance, please contact the Student Insurance Office.
Students with last names beginning with letters:
The Student Insurance Office is located in 051D Student Union and the walk-in hours are M-F from 1:30-4:30 p.m.
Please refer to United Health Care Student Resources for complete coverage details.
- Covered services rendered at the Student Health Center are payable at 100% of covered medical expenses.
- Copays and deductibles are waived when seen at the Student Health Center.
- Referrals are required by Student Health Center before seeking treatment off campus unless the Student Health Center is closed or if there is an emergency.
A complete medical history is required on all residential and international students. Confidential medical files are kept on all students who visit Student Health Services. Select "My Student Health tab" to access the form.
Medical History Form
Medical History Form
Wright State University's "Policy on Resident Immunization" requires Resident Students to present evidence of up-to-date immunizations prior to moving into a University owned or managed property.