Student Handbook Sub Banner
Sponsoring Outside Vendors on Campus
A student organization, as a university-related organization may sponsor an outside vendor on campus, with prior approval from the Office of Student Activities, under the following conditions:
The student organization sponsoring the vendor has the following responsibilities:
- To register the vendor in the Office of Student Activities
- To provide the vendor a copy of the vending policy
- To check the vendor site at least once on the day of the sale to ensure that the policy is carried out. If the vendor is not complying with the policy, the student group should either correct the situation itself or contact the Office of Student Activities to remove the vendor.
Vendors have the following responsibilities:
- To post a sign indicating the name of the sponsoring organization
- To retain and have available at the booth a Vendor Registration Form from the Office of Student Activities (obtained prior to the date of the sale of items)
- To pay the sponsoring organization 20 percent or more of the sales made during their stay on campus
- To offer goods to, but not press them upon people. Any recruitment of passersby should be done with this in mind.
Vendors of the same type are limited as follows: two may be on opposite ends of the quad and two may be in the Student Union.
Student organizations wishing to sponsor a vendor in the Student Union must first contact the Office of Student Activities and then contact Student Union Administrative Office to make arrangements for table placement.
Restrictions on banners/signs
- Banners/Signs may not be hung from any ceiling or doors. Oil-based paint and crepe paper may not be used on banners and/or signs.
- Banners/Signs found by Student Activities to be in poor taste will be removed. Appeals may be made to the Director of Student Activities.
The following penalties have been established for violations of the policy:
Any vendor found to be in violation of the policy will be immediately removed from campus.
If a vendor violates the regulations, it will lose its privileges to be sponsored by a club for the rest of the current semester and the next full semester.
If a club violates the regulations, the following penalties will apply:
- first offense: warning
- second offense: the club will lose its privilege of sponsoring a vendor for four academic weeks
- third offense: the club will lose sponsorship privileges for the rest of the current semester and the next full semester.
A vendor or club that continues to violate the policy will be referred to the Office of Student Activities for disciplinary action.
A notice will be sent to the bookstore management of any vendors in violation of the policy to ensure that such vendors are not permitted to be on campus.
These regulations do not apply to events that already fall under the supervision of a WSU administrative department (e.g., April Craze, Fall Fest, and UAB events).