Student Handbook Sub Banner
Banners may be reserved for three locations on campus by registered student organizations and University departments. Banners must promote an on-campus event, service, student election/voting or membership drive.
There are three locations to display banners on campus including:
- The Hangar: The exterior of the building, facing the quad.
- University Blvd Fence: adjacent to Residence Services
- Student Union: various locations (including the Atrium)
Reservation of Banner Space
All Banner spaces may be reserved by calling 775-5570. The approval process requires 24 hours. It is advisable to schedule banner postings in advance to assure availability of space. Banners may be displayed for up to two weeks. Only one banner is permitted per organization in each location.
- The Hangar: Up to 6 banners may be displayed at one time: no more than 12 feet in height and 5 feet wide in dimension.
- University Blvd Fence: Up to 6 banners may be displayed at one time with the maximum dimensions of 45 inches high and 5 feet wide.
- Student Union: Please refer to the see the “Promotional Items” policy in the Student Union Policy Manual on the Forms and Downloads page of the Student Union website for more information regarding the hanging of banners in the Student Union.
The sponsoring organization's name must appear clearly and legibly on the banner. Banners to be displayed outdoors must be made of a durable material which is also water and weatherproof . Sponsoring organizations must supply rope for fastening the banners to the posts.
Student organizations may use the Student Organization Complex Resource Room to create banners. Some supplies are available for banner making. Organizations may also purchase 45” x 5’ vinyl banners at cost in the Resource Room.
Submitting Your Banner for Display
All banners must be submitted to the Office of Student Activities prior to Wednesday at 5 p.m. the week prior to the reserved date. The office will arrange to have your banner displayed for your reserved week(s). University staff will make every effort to secure banners. However, if a banner rips, tears, comes loose from the railing, or falls, it will be removed. Banners may also be temporarily removed for events in the Student Union Atrium.