Student Handbook Sub Banner
Administrative Grievance Process
This general process is applicable only to those administrative actions for which no special grievance procedure has been established. Special processes have been established for, but may not be limited to, certain academic, disciplinary, athletic, and employment related matters.
Students desiring to appeal actions of University administrative offices should:
- discuss the concern with the administrator involved, in a timely manner.
- if resolution is not achieved, discuss the concern with the office director or supervisor of the administrator involved, in a timely manner.
- if resolution is not achieved discuss the concern with the appropriate vice president, in a timely manner.
- if resolution is not achieved, discuss the concern with the Provost or designee, in a timely manner.
- if resolution is not achieved, the President of the University or designee is available for further appeal of administrative grievances, if necessary.
The appeal must follow the University administrative hierarchy as established in university reporting structures. Questions relating to the operation of this process should be directed to the Office of Student Support Services, 022 Student Union. The Director of Student Support Services is available at any point to provide assistance.