The Wright State University Greek community is united in its efforts to engage one another, and the larger campus community, in its commitment to achieving excellence in quality of membership, academics, service, and programming, while leaving a legacy for the future fraternal community.
Why Choose Fraternity and Sorority Life?
- Brotherhood and Sisterhood—Gain lifelong friendships with fellow members of fraternal organizations. The bonds of friendship are strengthened throughout your college years and beyond and are not only found amongst the local collegiate chapters, but spread across the nation and the world.
Fraternities and sororities strive to combine their common goals and ideals of a brotherhood or sisterhood with the unique college experience. These organizations maintain active alumni relations programs that offer possibilities for career networking.
- Leadership—The fraternal community offers countless opportunities for exploring and developing leadership skills. These organizations offer leadership positions within the chapter and strongly encourage, and in some cases require, other leadership activity on campus and in the community. Fraternity and sorority members have made significant contributions to Wright State and are involved with countless clubs and organizations on campus and can offer guidance to new students wishing to get involved. Joining the fraternity and sorority community could possibly be the best decision you make to grow as a leader.
- Scholarship—The foundation of the college experience is a good education. Fraternity and sorority life is a plus that will help heighten your college experience. Academics are important to fraternities and sororities at Wright State. Most Greek letter chapters require you to maintain a certain GPA to remain an active member. In many cases, the groups offer National Scholarships to members that meet specific academic criteria.
- Service—One of the most unique qualities about a Fraternity or Sorority member is the dedication to service. Each fraternity or sorority hosts its own philanthropic events to raise money or donates their time to a specific cause. They also assist the Wright State and Dayton area communities with community and philanthropic efforts. Members of Wright State University’s fraternity and sorority community participate in a range of service projects and support various philanthropies, such as RAINN, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Think Pink Foundation, Raiderthon, American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life, and other local and national organizations or events. Giving back to the university and the community are priorities Wright State Greeks emphasize. In 2018, our fraternity and sorority community reported $30,000 in philanthropy donations and 32,000 hours of community service!
- Social Interaction—Through social activity schedules and philanthropic activities undertaken by fraternity and sorority chapters, members learn how to interact well with others, allowing their true selves to emerge. Encouraging the development of self, while nurturing individuals in the Greek community, helps members in ways not possible in other groups.
Fraternities and Sororities at Wright State
Join a Fraternity or Sorority
Interested in learning more about joining a fraternity or sorority at Wright State University? Complete this interest form to be connected with a fraternity and sorority life staff member or council officer. Someone will contact you with more information on how to join.
Wright State fraternities and sororities are affiliated with the College Panhellenic Council, National Panhellenic Conference, and the National Pan-Hellenic Council, ensuring that the local chapters adhere to Greek standards across the country. These national groups also help local chapters promote the value of Greek life through college and beyond.
Please visit our social media sites to follow our events and updates!