Right Here. Right Now. Wright State.

COVID-19 information and resources. Visit our Coronavirus website.

Student Handbook

Wright State Collegiate Trademark Licensing


Wright State University regulates and controls the use of the university’s name and other marks, words, logos, and symbols. All requests for their use must be coordinated through the Office of Marketing,Office of General Counsel, and Printing Services.

Guidelines for the correct use of Wright State University logos, wordmarks, colors, font, and other visual elements can be found at http://www.wright.edu/marketing/brand/visual-identity-system.

When ANY DEPARTMENT INCLUDING student organizations becomes involved in developing products bearing Wright State University’s marks, such activities must be coordinated through the Office of Marketing, accompanied by artwork or graphics and details as to how the university mark will be used. The artwork or graphics must be approved by the Office of Marketing. ANY ITEM BEARING A UNIVERSITY MARK MUST BE PRODUCED BY A LICENSED VENDOR ONLY. A list of licensed vendors may be obtained from Printing Services, the Office of General Counsel, or the Office of Strategic Procurement.

In order to use the university's name or any of its marks or variations of its marks on commercial products, one must obtain permission by securing a licensing agreement. The university licenses only those products that reflect favorably on it and that depict quality and good taste. This helps to preserve the university's good name and reputation.


A trademark is any mark, word, letters, or symbol associated with its owner that can be distinguished from those of its competitors. The university asserts ownership over its name and any other mark, logo, insignia, seal, design, symbol, or any combination of these, that has come to be associated with Wright State. Creative designs that encompass underlying university trademarks are subject to licensing as well.

Obtaining a License

For license application, details concerning royalty payments, and reporting contact:

Learfield Licensing Partners
8900 Keystone Crossing, Suite 605
Indianapolis, IN 46240
(317) 699-0818

Internal Use of University's Marks

Any use of the university's marks by departments or student organizations for fundraising or promotional purposes must be accompanied by artwork or graphics and details as to how the university mark will be used. The artwork or graphics must first be approved by the Office of Marketing. All departments and student organizations are required to use a licensed manufacturer to produce the items. Promotional orders may be eligible for a royalty fee waiver.


After expenses, royalty income from the licensing program is used for student scholarships.


The Office of General Counsel actively enforces the ownership of the university's marks, names, and symbols. Retailers, distributors, manufacturers, and sales representatives are equally responsible for the purchase and resale of licensed goods.

For further information, contact the Office of General Counsel at (937) 775-2719.

Mailing Address:
Office of General Counsel
Wright State University
282 University Hall
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
Dayton, OH 45435-0001