On this page:
Click to download the Prerequisite PowerPoint Presentation to learn more!
- There are two types of Prerequisites
- Department Enforced
- System Enforced (new for Spring 2019)
- There are many other types of registration restrictions
- Registration Overrides may be added online to allow students to register (see details below)
- Changes to Course Prerequisites may be requested as follows:
To change prerequisite courses, test scores, enrollment restrictions, submit a course proposal in Curriculog
If you have submitted a proposal to change a course prerequisite but registration is starting and it has not been approved, send an email to the appropriate Curriculum Committee Chair (UG/GR) and email@example.com to request a provisional appoval
To change prerequisites from Department Enforced to System Enforced (or vice versa), send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Students may be directed to the following resources for guidance
How to run a "Course Prerequisite Checking Report" via Cognos.
Students requiring registration overrides may be granted the appropriate permission via WINGS Express (Instructor Override) or Banner. This allows the student to complete online registration without the need for a paper add/drop registration form.
- Important Note about Closed Class permissions: If a course section has a waitlist, Closed Class permission should not be granted. Students should register for the waitlist. Once online registration (and, thus waitlist registration) has ended for the term, instructors/departments may use the paper add/drop form to grant closed class permission with in-person registration at RaiderConnect.
Instructor Approval - WINGS Express
When a course requires Instructor Approval, the primary instructor for a course may enter Instructor Approval via WINGS Express.
- Requests for access may be submitted via the WINGS Express Faculty and Advisor form.
Banner Override - All Permissions
Department/College personnel may enter registration overrides/approvals for all other registration restrictions directly in Banner.
- Department/College personnel who need to grant overrides in Banner must have Banner Admin Access.
Administrative registration/drop procedure for departments
Departments requiring administrative, non-student initiated registration activity (e.g., drops for lack of pre-requisites) should complete and submit the respective request form for individual or multiple-student requests.
This procedure does not replace the normal Registration/Drop/Add form used to grant department/instructor overrides used by students to drop/add in person at RaiderConnect.
In keeping with FERPA and internal data integrity policies, documents which include UID and Student identifying information must not be submitted via email unless password protected.
Department Registration Request Forms:
- Department Registration Request - INDIVIDUAL STUDENT
- Department Registration Request - MULTIPLE STUDENTS (identical CRN add or drop action for multiple students)
Submit form(s) using one of the following methods:
- Password-protected attachment via email to email@example.com (send password separately)
- Upload to Filelocker and share to wsureg.