Visitor, Alumni, and Retiree Parking
Visitors, Alumni and Retiree visitors to the main campus may park in Visitor Lot 2.
The booth at the entrance to Lot 2 (near the Student Union) will be open from 8 a.m.. until 8 p.m.., Monday through Thursday, and from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Friday. After the booth is closed on Monday through Thursday, a valid Wright State University Dayton Campus parking permit is required for a vehicle to be parked legally.
- Visitor spaces in lot 2, 9, 10, 11, 15 and 20 – Visitors must obtain a visitor permit from the attendant in the lot 2 booth, at no charge, to park in a visitor space in lot 9, 10, 11, 15, or 20. The attendant will direct the visitor to the best lot based on the location of their visit and availability. Departments may also make request in advance at email@example.com to obtain a visitor permit to send to their guest.
- Departments having guests should always contact the Parking and Transportation Department with the time, date and where the guest will go on campus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Departments having the same guest(s) for multiple meeting dates during a semester may request a visitor permit be issued for the multiple meeting dates by contacting our department at email@example.com.
- Residential Communities visitors must obtain a visitor permit from the attendant in lot 2 booth, at no charge, to park in commuter spaces (white lines) in lots 4 or 6. Over night guests may obtain a permit from the Department of parking and Transportation by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Visitor Booth in Lot 2, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Friday or student residents may obtain a parking permit for their guest in the same manner. Visitor parking is not available in the Residential Community lots at any time. Open parking is available for visitors in campus lots (including faculty/staff and commuter student spaces) after 4 p.m. on Friday and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
- Departments hosting large (100 or more attendees) events or conferences should schedule for parking arrangements well in advance and be considerate of the impact on our student parking when scheduling dates and times. As you are aware, during the months of August and September all lots on campus except Nutter Center are utilized to capacity, especially before 2:00 p.m.. Visitor lot 2 has a capacity of 89 spaces and any overflow from lot 2 is directed to lot 4. During the months of fall semester it may be necessary for the department hosting a large event to cover the expense to contract a charter company to shuttle their guests from the Nutter Center parking lots. Parking and Transportation can assist you with locating a local charter bus company. We recommend that carpooling be encouraged for all events.
Handicapped visitors must have a Wright State visitor permit in addition to their state plate or placard. Visitors who require a handicap parking space for a lot other than Lot 2 may obtain a permit and directions at the booth located at the entrance to Lot 2 in front of the Student Union.
Visitors to the University Libraries and Art Galleries may obtain a visitor parking permit at the Visitor Booth in Lot 2.
Alumni may be approved to purchase a commuter "C" permit depending on availability. Enrolled students are given first priority.
Retirees who become reemployed at Wright State University must purchase a Faculty/Staff “B” permit.