Army ROTC and Wright State University offer a variety of merit-based scholarships and incentives for AROTC cadets. Currently every Junior and Senior WSU AROTC student receives a tax-free stipend of $420 per month. Many freshmen and sophomore scholarship cadets receive a full financial aid package worth over $14,000 per year.
Typical scholarships and incentives pay for:
- Tuition and all required fees
- $1200 per year for books (cadets receive $600 per semester except nursing cadets receive full amount in the fall semester)
- A monthly tax-free stipend of $420.00 for freshman through seniors
Whether you're a college-bound high school student or already attending a college or university, Army ROTC has scholarships available. Scholarships are awarded based on a student's merit and grades, not financial need.
Army ROTC scholarships consist of:
- Two, three, and four-year scholarship options based on the time remaining to complete your degree
- Full-tuition scholarships
- The option for room and board in place of tuition, if you should qualify
- Additional allowances for books and fees
Army ROTC scholarships also provide monthly living allowances for each school year of $420.00 per month.
This allowance is also available to all non-scholarship Cadets enrolled in the Army ROTC Advanced Course (3rd and 4th years).