Army ROTC and Wright State University offer a variety of merit-based scholarships and incentives for AROTC cadets. Currently every Junior and Senior WSU AROTC studentreceives a tax-free stipend of $450 or $500 per month, respectively. Many freshmen andsophomore scholarship cadets receive a full financial aid package worth over $14,000 per year.
Typical scholarships and incentives pay for:
- Tuition and all required fees
- $1200 per year for books (cadets receive $600 per semester except nursing cadets receive full amount in the fall semester)
- A monthly tax-free tiered stipend starting at $300.00 for freshman that increases each subsequent year with seniors receiving $500 per month during the school year
Whether you're a college-bound high school student or already attending a college or university, Army ROTC has scholarships available. Scholarships are awarded based on a student's merit and grades, not financial need.
Army ROTC scholarships consist of:
- Two, three, and four-year scholarship options based on the time remaining to complete your degree
- Full-tuition scholarships
- The option for room and board in place of tuition, if you should qualify
- Additional allowances for books and fees
Army ROTC scholarships also provide monthly living allowances for each school year. You can earn certain amounts depending on your level in the Army ROTC curriculum:
- 1st year, $300 per month
- 2nd year, $350 per month
- 3rd year, $450 per month
- 4th year, $500 per month
This allowance is also available to all non-scholarship Cadets enrolled in the Army ROTC Advanced Course (3rd and 4th years).