On this page:
Wright State is proud to partner with the following community colleges to create easier access to a quality, affordable education through our Wright Path program.
Begin your studies at a community college, then complete your bachelor’s degree at Wright State. We have partnered with five area community colleges to provide a program where you will receive support from both schools, ensuring a seamless transition.
- You may qualify for automatic Wright State transfer scholarships of up to $3,500 per year.
- Take courses in your academic pathway that apply directly to your bachelor’s degree program.
- A designated academic advisor will assist you on both campuses.
- Take advantage of on-campus support services, resources, student organizations, and activities at Wright State before you are admitted to a degree program here.
- No additional cost—just sign up!
Choose the Wright Path option that works for you:
- Easy Transfer to Wright State: Our academic transfer pathway provides you with an easy transfer to a bachelor's degree program at Wright State. Courses at your community college will apply to a Wright State degree.
- Live Here, Study There: Live in Wright State campus housing while taking classes at your community college.
- Easy Transfer plus Campus Housing: Take advantage of the academic transfer pathway and Wright State campus housing.
You can select one or both programs or change your selection at any point after consulting with your academic advisor and financial aid office at your community college.
What services can you use as a Wright Path student?
- Dunbar Library and campus technology.
- Veteran and Military Center.
- Wright1 Card to access campus services and discounts at local participating restaurants.
- Wright State campus events.
- A discounted membership to the Wright State Fitness Center.
- Wright State student organizations
Plan Your Path to Graduation
Meet with your community college academic advisor to create an academic plan that will help you plot your courses. Wright State academic advisors are also available to help you plan your transition from the associate to bachelor’s degree. Schedule a visit or contact us at 937-775-4830 to schedule an academic advising appointment.
Maximize your benefits at Wright State
- Once accepted, you will receive your Wright State University credentials to access online services like WINGS and WINGS Express. Call us at Wright State University at 937-775-4830.
- Work closely with your academic advisors at your community college and Wright State University to stay on track to graduation in your major.
- Use the resources at the University Libraries.
- Attend academic events hosted by your community college about transfer partners and at Wright State for your major.
- If you attend Sinclair College or Clark State Community College’s Greene Center, you can use public transportation to get to Wright State's Dayton Campus. If you park a personal vehicle on Wright State’s campus, you must have a valid commuter parking permit or use Lot 2.
- Get a feel for campus life at Wright State by getting involved in one of the many extracurricular opportunities available to you.
- Purchase a discounted Campus Recreation membership to use the fitness center in the Student Union.
- Take the virtual campus tour.
- Attend an athletics event. Many events do not require a ticket.
- Enroll in classes at any of the partner community colleges. See enrollment, application, and academic advising contacts for each college.
- Meet with financial aid on your community college campus to understand your available housing funds. If your financial aid will not cover Wright State housing, you may still apply for Wright State housing and pay Wright State directly.
- Apply for housing at Wright State.
- To be eligible for Wright State housing, you must be in good financial, academic, and judicial standing at your partner community college and Wright State.
We are excited to welcome you to the Wright State community. We have a few tips to make your transfer process easier.
- You do not need to wait until you graduate from community college to apply to Wright State. Apply early in your final semester at community college.
- Visit the application dates and processes page for a complete list of your next steps in transferring to Wright State.
- Visit your community college partnership page for your application fee waiver code.
- We're ready to assist you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-775-4830.
- Check out transfer scholarship options.
- If you are a Fall Semester transfer student who intends to apply for competitive one of Wright State's competitive scholarships, you must apply one year before the fall semester you will attend. Complete the ONE Scholarship application by the January deadline. Only admitted students are able to access the ONE Scholarship application.
What about my school?
Do not worry if you do not see a partnership program with your school. Wright State takes credits from all regionally accredited institutions. Advisors in the Transfer Center can help you determine a pathway through your community college that is efficient and productive for you. Email us at email@example.com for assistance.