University Accreditation Information
Wright State University is accredited at the doctoral degree-granting level by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Also, the following programs are professionally accredited:
College of Education and Human Services
- Education programs, including school counseling, are approved by the Ohio Department of Education and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Human services/counseling programs (i.e. counseling in community and other agency settings and school counseling) are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Rehabilitation counseling is accredited by the Council on Rehabilitation Education
Raj Soin College of Business
- The undergraduate business program and five master's degree programs are accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- The Department of Accountancy's graduate and undergraduate programs are separately accredited by AACSB International
- The Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems is accredited by ABET, the Computing Accreditation Commission of the Accrediting Board for Engineering and Technology
College of Engineering and Computer Science
- The Bachelor of Science programs in biomedical engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, engineering physics, industrial and systems engineering, materials science and engineering, and mechanical engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
- The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
College of Science and Mathematics
- Environmental health is accredited by the National Environmental Health and Protection Accreditation Council
- Medical technology is accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation and by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Baccalaurate program in chemistry is certified by the American Chemical Society
- Geological sciences is accredited by the American Institute of Professional Geologists
Boonshoft School of Medicine
- Accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education
College of Liberal Arts
- Master of Public Administration program is accredited by the National Association of Schools in Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA)
- Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music
- Social work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
College of Nursing and Health
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing, the master's degree in nursing, and the Doctor of Nursing Practice at Wright State University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation).
- The College of Nursing and Health has full approval by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
School of Professional Psychology
- Clinical psychology and internship programs are accredited by the American Psychological Association Committee on Accreditation
Wright State University—Lake Campus
- Accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools at the associate degree-granting level