On this page:
The Honors Program admits new, continuing, and transfer students throughout the year.
New first-year students who are interested in joining the University Honors Program should indicate interest on their admission application.
- The University Honors Program uses a holistic approach when reviewing applications.
- Students who are admitted into the program usually have outstanding academic records and impressive accomplishments outside of the classroom.
- After reviewing your application materials, the University Honors Program may require additional information. You will receive this request through email.
Continuing or Transfer Students
Students who are already enrolled at Wright State or who are transferring from another university must:
- have at least a 3.0 GPA from Wright State or another institution, and
- provide a faculty recommendation from either Wright State or another institution.
If you are a continuing or transfer student who has earned more than 30 semester credits, you will be asked to schedule an appointment with an Honors Program advisor to review your transcript.
Can other students take Honors classes?
Non-Honors students with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 may be given permission to register for an Honors class on a space available basis. Contact the Honors office for more information.
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, and students are generally notified by email of their application status.
You may also download the New Student Application (PDF) or the Continuing or Transfer Student Admission Application (PDF) and submit, mail, or fax to:
Wright State University Honors Program
3640 Colonel Glenn Highway
243 Millett Hall
Dayton, OH 45435