The lost and found receives many personal items and articles of value that we attempt to return to the rightful owner. Lost items are only kept for 30 days due to limited space. After that, any unclaimed items are disposed of through Excess and Surplus Property Management. Funds generated from unclaimed items are donated to the campus scholarship fund.
Where can I claim my lost item?
Our office is located at 060 Allyn Hall, and it is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please bring valid identification in order to claim your lost property. We also keep a list of contacts in other buildings on campus that hold lost and found items. Please call 937-775-4444 to find a point of contact for another location. If you collect and hold lost and found items in your building and are not on the list, please contact us at the Public Safety Service Center, and we will add you.
Location & Hours
060 Allyn Hall
24 hours a day
Lost Items We Will Accept
- Credit cards
- Prescription glasses
Lost Items We Cannot Accept
- Clothing of a personal nature
- Swimwear, socks, and flip-flops
- Prescription drugs
- Make-up, lotions, hair brushes, hair clips, or hair products
- Contact solution or earplugs
- Potential biohazards, such as diabetic kits, etc. Please contact Environmental Health and Safety to arrange for removal and disposal.