Each member of the Wright State University community is responsible for ensuring that we operate in compliance with relevant laws, rules, and regulations, as well as with ethics and integrity. This includes asking questions if you’re not sure what to do and raising concerns if you see something you don’t think is right. Identifying a problem early can prevent a small problem from becoming a big problem. It’s also about doing the right thing.
Wright State University is committed to an environment where open, honest communications are the expectation, not the exception. To help maintain the highest ethical standards, the university has established a simple, anonymous way for you to confidentially report potential ethical misconduct or breaches of laws, rules, regulations, or Wright State policies. In situations where you prefer to place an anonymous report in confidence, you are encouraged to use this reporting tool, hosted by a third-party provider, EthicsPoint.
Wright State University does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report compliance concerns in good faith.
Examples of compliance concerns that might prompt a report:
- Inappropriate use of university resources
- Activities that might compromise academic integrity
- Research misconduct
- Discrimination or harassment
- Conflicts of interest
- Safety or security hazards
- Information security breach
- Breaches of confidentiality
How to Report Compliance Concerns:
- Contact your supervisor—The university encourages employees to use normal organizational channels for reporting concerns in instances where you believe violations of policies or standards have occurred, as a first step whenever possible.
- Contact the appropriate subject matter department—Sometimes, because of the subject matter, concerns may be raised through a specialized functional office, such as the Office of Equity and Inclusion for concerns about discrimination or sexual harassment.
- Office of University Compliance—Compliance issues can be reported directly to the Office of University Compliance.
- Anonymous Reporting Line—If you suspect a violation of laws, rules, regulations, or policies affecting the university community, you may make an anonymous report by calling the toll-free hotline at 1-855-353-3783 or by using the EthicsPoint website.
Anonymous Reporting Line
- EthicsPoint is a system that allows people to report suspected illegal or unethical conduct anonymously.
- It is used by thousands of organizations, including hundreds of educational institutions.
- EthicsPoint is separate from Wright State and does not generate IP log files, so neither Wright State nor EthicsPoint has a means of identifying reporters.
- Wright State will only receive the information that the reporter chooses to submit.
- Wright State assures that reports will be handled promptly and discreetly. Anyone who reports or inquires in good faith about potential misconduct or breach of laws, rules, regulations or policies can be assured that retaliation against them will not be tolerated by the university.
- The information you provide will be sent to us by EthicsPoint on a totally confidential and anonymous basis if you should choose. Reports will be forwarded to the relevant administrator based upon the category under which you file the complaint. You can report any concerns regarding a particular administrator in the other category to avoid it being automatically directed to the relevant administrator for the area.
- EthicsPoint is not a 911 or emergency service. If you need emergency assistance, call 911 or university police.