Final Examination Policy for Fall and Spring Semesters
It is the policy of Wright State University that no comprehensive final exam may be given during the last week of classes. If a comprehensive final exam is scheduled, it must be given during the time period designated by the Registrar. Any deviation from this policy requires written agreement from the appropriate department chair or dean.
Approved by Academic Council 11/26/90; General Faculty 2/12/91; Board of Trustees 3/27/91
Final Exam Schedules
Final examinations for all summer terms will be given in the last week of classes during regularly scheduled meeting hours.
|DAYTIME EXAM TIMES||MONDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2015||TUESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2015||WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 16, 2015||THURSDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2015||FRIDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2015|
|8:00am - 10:00am||Classes starting in the 8:00am M, W, F timeblock||Classes starting in the 9:30am T, Th timeblock||unscheduled time||Classes starting in the 8:00am T, Th timeblock||Classes starting in the 9:05am M, W, F timeblock|
|10:15am - 12:15pm||unscheduled time||Chemistry Common Final||Classes starting in the 10:10am M, W, F timeblock||Classes starting in the 11:00am T, Th timeblock||Classes starting in the 11:15am M, W, F timeblock|
|12:30pm - 2:30pm||Classes starting in the 1:25pm M, W, F timeblock||Classes starting in the 12:30pm T, Th timeblock||Classes starting in the 12:20pm M, W, F timeblock||unscheduled time||unscheduled time|
|2:45pm - 4:45pm||Mathematics Common Final||Classes starting in the 3:30pm T, Th timeblock||Classes starting in the 3:35pm M, W, F timeblock||Classes starting in the 2:00pm T, Th timeblock||Classes starting in the 2:30pm M, W, F timeblock|
|EVENING EXAM TIMES||MONDAY, December 14, 2015||TUESDAY, December 15, 2015||WEDNESDAY, December 16, 2015||THURSDAY,
December 17, 2015
|5:45pm - 7:45pm||Classes meeting only M & W 4:40pm - 6:00pm; OR classes meeting only M starting at 4:40pm||Classes meeting T & Th 5:00pm - 6:20pm; OR classes meeting only T starting at 5:00pm||Classes meeting M & W 6:10pm - 7:30pm; OR classes meeting only W 4:40pm - 7:20pm||Classes meeting T & Th 6:30pm - 7:50pm; OR classes meeting only Th 5:00pm - 7:40pm|
|8:00pm - 10:00pm||Classes meeting only M starting at 6:10pm or after||Classes meeting only T starting at 6:30pm or after||Classes meeting only W starting at 6:10pm or after; OR classes meeting M & W 7:40pm - 9:00pm||Classes meeting only Th starting at 6:30pm or after; OR classes meeting T & Th 8:00pm - 9:20pm|
Daytime Class Information:
- Classes meeting M, W, F (or any combination thereof) or T, Th (or any combination thereof) should use the FIRST class meeting time as a basis for determining the final exam slot.
- Class meeting times starting outside of the standard timeblock should use that timeblock's start time (e.g., a 12:30pm M, W, F class should use the 12:20 M, W, F class timeblock, and thus the 12:30pm - 2:30pm Wednesday final exam time).
- Back-to-back classes have final exams on alternating days.
- Please use the "Unscheduled time" for study sessions, approved rescheduled exams, faculty meetings, and other University business.
- Exam times match class times and days as closely as possible.
Evening Class Information:
- Classes meeting more than twice a week follow the "Monday & Wednesday" or "Tuesday & Thursday" exam schedule, using their FIRST class meeting time as a basis for determining the final exam slot.
- Class meeting times which start outside of the standard timeblock should use that timeblock's start time (i.e., a 6:30pm Monday-only class should use the 8:00 - 10:00pm Monday final exam time).
- Exam times match class times and evenings as closely as possible. Classes meeting M, W 6:10pm and T, Th 6:30pm have an earlier exam start time of 5:45pm.
- Exams for Saturday classes will be held the Saturday after the final class meeting.
- As with Summer classes, exams for seven-week classes will be held during the final class time.
- For student questions concerning final exams, please contact Raider Connect: (937) 775-4000.
- It is the policy of Wright State University, as approved by the Board of Trustees, that no comprehensive final exam may be given during the last week of classes.
- If a comprehensive exam is to be scheduled, it must be given during the official final exam time period designated on the final exam schedule coordinated by the Office of the Registrar. If a room assignment is needed, contact the Course/Classroom Scheduling staff in the Office of the Registrar: (937) 775-5200.