The 2018–19 Wright State University Online Scholarship Application deadline is January 8, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST). (Deadline has passed)
Undergraduate and graduate students (first-year, continuing, and transfer) can search for multiple donor-based scholarships funded through the Wright State University Foundation and also scholarships funded by the University.
More than 500 donor-based scholarship opportunities.
Search our scholarship database to see what is available to you.
There may be other department/division scholarship options not yet associated with this application, so check with the chair or program director in your department for any other options.
Wright State University students can also access their online scholarship application via WINGS Express.
Students are required to submit an application each year to be considered for scholarships.
The Boonshoft School of Medicine Scholarship application will be available in March 2018.
Types of Scholarships
Students are eligible based on their academic achievements, extra-curricular activities, leadership roles, and community service.
Students are eligible based on demonstrated financial need. You will need to file a FAFSA each year to determine financial need. Extra-curricular activities, leadership roles, and community service may also be considered.
Non Merit or Need-Based Scholarships
These scholarships are based on where you live, where you went to high school, organizational membership, family connections, your life before/during attending college, career goals, academic goals, and many other personal circumstances.
Complete your 2018–19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning October 1, 2017. Your completed FAFSA should be filed by January 8th to be considered for need-based scholarships.
Before you start:
- You must apply for admission and be admitted to Wright State University to access the scholarship application. New students will access the application via the Admissions Portal. Continuing students will access the application via Wings Express using Campus Username (WID) and Password. If you have forgotten or don’t know your password that is used with the WID, please contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827, or toll free at 1-888-775-4827.
- Make a list of all of your extracurricular activities, volunteer experience, community service, memberships, awards, honors, etc.
- This application will require at least one reference. Contact your intended reference prior to listing him/her and collect their email address. Inform them that they will receive an email request to complete your online recommendation form from email@example.com not from a Wright State University email address. Recommendation forms for this application are due by 11:59 p.m., Monday, January 22, 2018 Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- An essay is needed for all scholarships. Your essay will set you apart from the other applicants. Take your time, edit, review and edit again! Write your essay in Word, then copy and paste into the application. The essay should: explain your educational goals, professional goals, career aspirations, commitment to community service, and also tell us how a scholarship award will make a difference in your personal and financial circumstances.
- An additional essay will be required for current high school seniors to be considered for the Competitive Honors/Trustees Scholarship. If you need help with writing your essay, current students can use the Wright State University Writing Center. There are also many websites that will help you write your essay. Simply search online for "writing scholarship essays" and multiple free websites are available.
Scholarship award decisions begin in the spring and continue throughout the summer. Students selected for an award will receive a general Financial Aid Award Notification email via their Wright State University email account.