Answer “yes” or “no” to the following:
- Do you have someone (or a group of people) who will be responsible for monitoring and updating the site(s), preferably daily?
- Are there many people who are interested in following you in social media?
- Do you have the technical ability to produce photos or videos needed for some of these sites?
- Did your dean or supervisor approve your initiating social media?
Did you answer “yes” to all of the above? Then you’re probably ready to get started!
No formal approval is required to create your own social media account(s). After you have established your account(s), please visit the Social Media Directory and click on the appropriate link to submit your new channel(s) for inclusion.
If you are in a unit with access to the university's social media management enterprise system, please contact the Social Media Team for information on arranging training and system integration.
Social Media Help Pages
Note that by clicking one of these links, you will be leaving the Wright State website. The university is not responsible for their content.
- Bitly Support*
- Facebook Help
- Flickr Help Forum
- Google+ Help Center
- Instagram Help Center
- LinkedIn Help Center
- Pinterest Help Center
- Tumblr Help Center
- Twitter Help Center
- Vine Support Forum
- YouTube Help Center
* Bitly is a free service that allows you to shorten long web addresses and to conduct real-time tracking of them. There are several other services available that also do this, but this is the site that the Office of Marketing uses and can offer support and guidance.
Please email email@example.com or contact:
Katie Halberg, M.B.A.
Director of Social Engagement
Abbie Sorensen, B.A.
Social Media Coordinator (Graduate Student)
Social Media Content Specialist (Student)