Tables should be used only for data that requires a tabular format, such as a list of contact information. Tables should not be used as a means to lay out document content; this may cause problems if non-visual media or data is placed in tables.
Tables should contain tabular data only:
|GRADUATION DATE||APPLICATION FILING PERIOD|
|August (Summer Quarter)||March 2 to May 25|
|November (Fall Quarter)||May 26 to August 21|
|March (Winter Quarter)||August 22 to December 7|
|June (Spring Quarter)||December 7 to March 1|
|FROM||TO FAHRENHEIT||TO CELSIUS||TO KELVIN|
|Fahrenheit||F||(F-32)*5/9||(F-32)*5/9 + 273.15|
|(C*9/5) + 32||C||C + 273.15|
|Kelvin||(K - 273.15)*9/5 + 32||K - 273.15||K|
Tables should NOT be used to lay out page elements in the CMS:
|Logo image here||Banner image here|
|LINKS!||News goes here|
|MORE LINKS!||Pictures here|
|EVEN MORE LINKS!||
Content buried here
- Click the Table tool
- Select the number of Rows and Columns, header placement, table border size, alignment, table dimensions, etc.
- Click "OK" to generate the table
- The table will appear with blank white cells; if headers were selected, the top row or first column will appear gray
- Add data to each cell by clicking in the desired cell, and typing or pasting text.
- To see your table fully formatted, save the draft of the page and view the entire page; most formatting elements are not added by the style sheet until the page has been saved.