Welcome to the Wright State Community!
Below is important information to assist you in your transition to Wright State University! Our Orientation Team is committed to working with you to provide you with a smooth and successful transition. If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you this summer!
Director of Orientation
Summer Start Orientation
Summer Start Orientation is designed for both new and transfer students who are taking summer classes to get acclimated to Wright State University. Students will have the opportunity to:
- learn about campus support services
- connect to other new students
- meet RaiderConnect staff for support with financial aid, registration, and billing
- get information on Wright State technology, including WINGS, WINGS Express, and Pilot
- receive your Wright1 Card (student ID)
- participate in the optional campus tour!
Programs dates/times are:
- Thursday, May 3, 2018 - Summer Term Orientation, 4 – 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 7, 2018 - Summer Term Orientation, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 18, 2018 - Summer Term Orientation, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
* If you would like to experience a traditional orientation with other new students who will begin classes in the fall, consider attending a full day Summer Orientation session. More information about our traditional orientation program and how to register can be found online at wright.edu/orientation.
Orientation REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE NOW!
Log in to your Admissions portal at wright.edu/apply
Under "Next Steps" select "Orientation Registration"
Then select your preferred Orientation Date.
Once you have registered for a date, you will receive an email with a personalized link to pay your Orientation Fee.
Academic Advising & Course Registration
The next step in your transition process is to meet with an academic advisor and register for your summer semester classes if you have not already done so. There are four steps to the advising and registration process:
- Identify the Wright State Academic College in which you have been admitted. This can be found by logging into your WINGS Express account. Click the “Student and Financial Aid” tab, then “Registration and Records”, then “View Student Information.” Your assigned college is located under “Curriculum Information” at the bottom of the screen.
- Schedule an advising appointment. An academic advisor is a specialist in guiding students, as well as your partner in creating a schedule of classes for your first semester! If you have not already done so, you should make an appointment to meet your academic advisor as soon as possible. Contact the college in which you have been admitted from the list below:
College of Liberal Arts
College of Education and Human Services
(937) 775-3086 or 3088.
College of Engineering and Computer Science
College of Nursing and Health
College of Science and Mathematics
Raj Soin College of Business
- Once you have met with your advisor, login to your WINGS express account and register for the classes you have selected. Your academic advisor will provide you with step-by-step instructions.
- Attend Summer Start Orientation Program to learn about helpful campus resources available at Wright State!
Obtain your Wright1 Card
Your Wright1 Card is your student ID. If you do not attend Orientation, stop by 055 Student Union to get your picture taken and receive your card. You will need to bring a government-issued photo ID to pick up your card.
Unsure where you’re going or where your classes are located? Join a campus tour! Tours are offered Monday through Friday at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. You can schedule a campus tour online at wright.edu/visit. Tours will also be provided at Summer Start Orientation.
Check your Wright State Email
Get in the habit of checking your Wright State email for important information and tasks to complete during your transition to Wright State. If you need help accessing your account, contact the CaTS Help Desk at 937-775-4827.