7:45-8:20 a.m. Check In & Continental Breakfast, Student Success Center
- Students will receive their personalized orientation packet and schedule.
- A continental breakfast buffet will be available.
8:30 a.m. Welcome
Welcome and review of the day’s schedule.
Orientation Group One
- An interactive session with Orientation Mentors on preparing for the transition to Wright State and an opportunity to meet other new members of the Wright State Community!
Computing and Telecommunications Services (CaTS) Training
Review your important University Credentials and when to utilize them, learn about technology platforms that students will utilize in their college career, and become familiar with technology services.
University life is different from high school academics. This session will highlight the skills students need to be a successful in the classroom, introduce students to academic success services, first-year programs and preview the Common Text all first year students will receive.
Orientation Group Two
Orientation groups will reconnect and receive tips on course scheduling and what’s next in their journey!
RaiderConnect is a student’s one-stop for all services relating to Financial Aid, Scholarships, Registration and Student Accounts. Learn how students view and accept financial aid awards, pay bills, and navigate their student academic record.
College Information Session
- Academic colleges will discuss the majors and programs they offer and highlight services and support provided to students.
The Union Market Food Court offers many food options - compliments of Wright State Orientation!
1 p.m. - 4 p.m Academic Advising
Students will meet with their advisor and register for Spring Semester courses.
- College of Education and Human Services
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Nursing and Health
- College of Science and Mathematics
- Raj Soin College of Business
- University College
ID Distribution and Check-out
Students will have their student ID picture taken and check-out with the Orientation staff before leaving to ensure that they have completed all of their Orientation Day tasks. Students will also have the opportunity to complete and review their “Required Acknowledgements” with family members.
Campus and Community services representatives will be available to share information and answer questions about on and off campus support services and opportunities, including student activities and organizations. Information on Campus Housing and Housing Tours will be available. Raider Connect staff will be available for assistance related to financial aid and the student’s billing account.