General University Informational Meetings:
October 14 ~ E163 Student Union (Discovery Room)
November 4 ~ E163 Student Union (Discovery Room)
December 9 ~ E163 Student Union (Discovery Room)
January 13 ~ E156 Student Union (Endeavor Room)
February 10 ~ TBA
March 9 ~ E156 Student Union (Endeavor Room)
April 13 ~ TBA
May 11 ~ E163 Student Union (Discovery Room)
Semesters Transition Team Steering Committee (STTSC):
All 1:30-3:30 in 267UH
Oct 21, 2011 E103 SU
Dec 16, 2011 E103 SU
Jan 20, 2012 E103 SU
Feb 17, 2012 E103 SU
Mar 16, 2012 010 SU
Apr 20, 2012 E103 SU
May 18, 2012 TBD
Jun 15, 2012 E103 SU
Jul 20, 2012 E103 SU
Aug 17, 2012 E103 SU
Articulation & Transfer
All 1:30pm in E232A SU
Wright Across the Curriculum
Wright State University
Mission, Vision, and Goals
In the pioneering spirit of the Wright Brothers, Wright State will be Ohio's most innovative university, known and admired for our diversity and for the transformative impact we have on the lives of our students and on the communities we serve.
We transform the lives of our students and the communities we serve.
We are committed to:
- achieving learning outcomes through innovative, high quality programs for all students: undergraduate, graduate and professional
- conducting scholarly research and creative endeavors
- and to engaging in significant community service
Wright State University is proud to be at the nexus of discovery and innovation. At our core is a set of values that drive our priorities and decision making.
People - we are committed to the success of students, faculty and staff. We provide an inclusive academic environment for people with a diverse range of abilities and educational backgrounds; ethnic and cultural heritages; family experiences and economic means; physical and learning differences; geographically mobile and place bound circumstances; and career and life aspirations.
Learning - we are responsible for sharing a wealth of knowledge, enabling discovery, fostering innovation and supporting scholarship in its many forms to better serve our regional, national and global communities. As a learning-centered university, we fulfill responsibilities most effectively when students are engaged throughout the process of discovery. Freedom of academic inquiry and expression are the foundations of knowledge and discovery.
Partnerships - we are catalysts for transforming lives and the communities we serve. Through collaborations and partnerships with businesses, educators, agencies and organizations we will achieve our goals of regional development, cross-cultural cooperation, entrepreneurial advancement and improved global relations.
Relationships - the success of each individual strengthens our community. We promise to maintain high ethical standards in all of our relationships and operations through open communication, trust, professionalism, and a collaborative spirit. We recognize the inherent value and promise of each individual and welcome all who seek transform their lives.
Sustainability - the necessity of preserving our planet compels us to weigh the impact of our decisions, both short-term and long-term. Additionally, prudent financial management supports the sustainability of our operations. Furthermore, the pursuit of knowledge is sustainable, and our programs will maintain their relevance, only if we continually invest in the infrastructure to support research and creative endeavors.
GOAL 1: ACADEMIC DISTINCTIVENESS AND QUALITY
Enhance our distinctive learning experience to produce talented graduates with the knowledge and skills essential for critical thinking, meaningful civic engagement, international competency, an appreciation for the arts, life-long learning and the ability to lead and adapt in a rapidly changing world.
- Objective A: Ensure the alignment of General Education, the major, assessment, undergraduate and graduate program review and co-curricular activities.
- Objective B: Diversify and enrich academic and professional programs.
- Objective C: Make the academic and professional programs more accessible, responsive, and flexible.
- Objective D: Attract, support and retain a nationally/internationally recognized diverse, student-centered faculty and staff.
- Objective E: Enhance the quantity and quality of dialogue with our various communities to ensure our academic relevance and distinctiveness.
GOAL 2: EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT
Enhance student access to and successful participation in higher education through quality and innovative instruction and student life programs that increase graduation and career placement for a diverse student body.
- Objective A: Improve the enrollment and retention of direct from high school, graduate and non-traditional student populations.
- Objective B: Enhance the academic success of students.
- Objective C: Expand options for educational attainment other than traditional degrees.
- Objective D: Develop effective educational processes to assist students in meeting postgraduate career and educational goals.
GOAL 3: RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
Expand our scholarship in innovative and targeted ways to address regional, national and global needs.
- Objective A: Strengthen our national and international research reputation.
- Objective B: Enhance Research and Sponsored Programs infrastructure leading to more external funding.
- Objective C: Foster discovery at all levels in the educational pipeline.
- Objective D: Translate our research and development efforts into jobs, products and economic development.
GOAL 4: COMMUNITY TRANSFORMATION
Provide leadership to promote and support social, cultural and economic development within the region through collaborations with local, state, national and global partners.
- Objective A: Increase the opportunities within the curriculum for community engagement.
- Objective B: Enhance WSU presence within the Dayton - West Central Ohio regions and beyond in ways that are important to the community.
- Objective C: Offer degree and other educational programs to address emerging regional and State needs.
GOAL 5: VALUED RESOURCES
Develop and sustain the human, financial and physical resources required to accomplish the university's strategic goals.
- Objective A: Encourage and support the professional development and wellness of faculty and staff.
- Objective B: Enhance fiscal and operational management. o Objective C: Generate increased revenue.
- Objective D: Increase investments in facilities/technologies to achieve strategic goals.