Unclassified Staff Advisory Council
Thursday, November 14, 2013
157E Student Union
A) Call meeting to order
B) Approval of minutes from October 10, 2013
C) New Business
- Update on Search Committees
- Associate Vice President for Human Resources
- Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing
- Director of Disability Services
- Raidersgiving update
- 2014 Performance Appraisals
- Wellness Program Challenge
- Faculty/ Staff Appreciation Night
D) Old Business
- Open Enrollment feedback
- 2014 Winter Break Policy reminder
- Mission Driven Allocation Budget Model update
- Intend to invite Dr. Berberich, Associate Provost for Faculty and Staff Affairs
- Committee updates (postponed from October 10, 2013 meeting)
- USAC subcommittees
- Bylaws and Charter
- Community Service
- Compensation, Benefits, and Equity
- Communications and Marketing
- Nominations / Fundraising
- University representatives
- Athletic Council.
- Dining Services
- Parking Services.
- Semester Conversion.
- University Diversity Advocacy Council.
- University Staff Council.
- Wellness & Recreation.
- WSU Bookstore Committee.
- Staff Council Human Resources Committee.
- Lake Campus.
E) Questions or issues from other unclassified staff in attendance
F) Schedule reminders
- Online Open Enrollment Cutoff – Tuesday, November 19, 2013
- Raidersgiving – Thursday, November 28, 2013, 12:00 – 2:00 p.m., Campus Ministry Building
- University Closure – Thursday, November 28, 2013 & Friday, November 29, 2013
- Staff Council – Wednesday, December 11, 2013, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m., 267 University Hall
- USAC Meeting – Thursday, December 12, 2013, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m., E157 Student Union
G) Adjourn meeting
USAC: The purpose of the Unclassified Staff Advisory Council(USAC) is to represent its members to the university by: promoting their general welfare; advocating for unclassified staff through active participation in university governance structure; reviewing, initiating and making recommendation on relevant university policies and procedures; encouraging and facilitating communication among members; and encouraging professional development opportunities. One of the prime responsibilities of this council is to serve the educational community by creating and maintaining an environment conducive to the teaching, learning, research, and service functions of higher education. The recommendations of the council are submitted to the university president.