September 8, 2011
157 Student Union
Council Members: David Bringhurst, Brandy Foster, Audwin Jones, Jennifer McCamis, Megan McCurdy, Jacqueline Neal, Nancy Pestian, Wendy Riddell, Jacqueline Robinson, Craig This, Cindy Vanzant, Susan Wehmeyer
Representatives: Marian Brainerd, David Finnie, Colleen Hayden, Mary Healea, Marty Jenkins, Courtney Smith, Melissa Vanzant, Chris Wydman
A) Call meeting to order—Meeting was called to order at 9:04 a.m., by David Bringhurst, USAC Chair.
B) Note Small Procedural Changes—We will no longer be asking for an approval of minutes at the beginning of each meeting. Any changes to the minutes should be sent to the secretary after they are posted. Also, for future meetings, comments regarding USAC subcommittees and university committees will be held until the end of each meeting (as time permits).
C) Review Summer Accomplishments—Our meetings over the summer helped us create our foundation for the upcoming academic year. The July meeting helped determine USAC’s role in the university. The August meeting provided an opportunity to brainstorm on the best ways to advocate for the unclassified staff and what tasks we are interested in taking on for the year.
D) Establish Mission & Vision—David provided a handout that contained information regarding the USAC mission and vision.
E) Clarify Roles & Responsibilities—David provided a handout that discussed what the role of the different USAC member segments (university committee reps, voting members, and officers).
F) Preview This Year’s Plan—David provided a handout that discussed the goals for the upcoming academic year and who would be responsible for completing those goals.
G) USAC Subcommittee Updates
- Bylaws and Charter—Nothing to report at this time.
- Community Service—We Serve U is collecting Box Tops for Education to serve Seville Elementary in Riverside. Also, the We Serve U Westwood School initiative was mentioned in Huffington Post.
- Compensation, Benefits, and Equity—Nothing to report at this time. Meeting scheduled for 9/14/11.
- Communications & Marketing—Nothing to report at this time. Meeting scheduled for 9/15/11.
- Nominations & Fundraising—Nothing to report at this time.
H) University Committee Updates
- Athletic Council—Nothing to report at this time.
- Dining Services—Nothing to report at this time.
- Parking Services—Nothing to report at this time.
- Semester Conversion—Public meeting next Friday, 9 a.m., in the Apollo Room. New information regarding the semester transition has been posted on the Wright State website (www.wright.edu/ucapc).
- Sustainability—Nothing to report at this time.
- University Diversity Advocacy Council—Nothing to report at this time.
- University Staff Council—Nothing to report at this time.
- Wellness & Recreation—Fees are now being charged to faculty/staff for all Rec Fit classes (quarterly pass or pay-as-you-go plans are available). Classes are still free for students.
- WSU Bookstore Committee—Nothing to report at this time.
- Staff Council Human Resources Committee—Nothing to report at this time.
- Lake Campus—Nothing to report at this time.
I) Questions or Issues from other unclassified staff in attendance?—No guests in attendance
J) Schedule Reminders
- Next USAC Meeting—Thursday, October 13, in 156 B&C Student Union
- Two Staff Council meetings between now and next USAC meeting (9/21 & 10/12)
- One HR Subcommittee meeting between now and next USAC meeting (10/11)
- Two Board of Trustee meetings between now and next USAC meeting (9/16C & 10/7P)
K) Adjourn meeting—Meeting was adjourned at 10 a.m., by David Bringhurst, USAC Chair.