Thursday, April 12, 2012
008 Student Union
USAC Council Members: David Bringhurst, Audwin Jones, Jen McCamis, Megan McCurdy, Jacqueline Neal, Wendy Riddell, Jacqueline Robinson, Craig This, Cindy Vanzant, Susan Wehmeyer
University Committee Members: Colleen Hayden, Jill Puthoff, Mary Raider, Courtney Smith
Absent: Jamie Norris, Nancy Pestian, Marian Brainerd, Wendy Chetcuti, Susan D'Autremont, David Finnie, Marty Jenkins, Gretchen Rentz, Melissa Vanzant, Valita Wilhoite, Chris Wydman
A) Call meeting to order—Meeting was called to order at 9:02 a.m., by David Bringhurst, USAC Chair
B) Approval of minutes from March 8 meeting—Minutes were approved as presented.
C) Officers' report
- Update on May 2 USAC/CSAC spring meeting—Rough outline for the meeting has been created. The town hall style meeting will include a discussion of the 2008 survey and open floor to any new issues/concerns. Meeting will be held from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in 156 Student Union.
- March Staff Council meeting update—Dr. Limouze sent an additional email regarding performance appraisals in order to clarify some of the questions that were raised through USAC. Human Resources is short staffed right now and things have been delayed. Lake Campus employees were recently notified that their insurance coverage changed as the St. Mary’s hospital is no longer part of the Anthem network.
D) New business
- Resignation of current chair-elect—Brandy Foster has stepped down as chair-elect of USAC, and voting member of USAC, effective immediately. Craig This expressed interest in the chair-elect position. Voice vote was taken and Craig This was unanimously voted into the chair-elect position.
E) Unfinished business
- Discussion and possible vote on proposed bylaw revision—Discussion regarding the April 4, 2012 draft of USAC bylaws. Subcommittee will make revisions and send a new draft out to USAC members.
E) USAC subcommittee status reports
- Bylaws and Charter—Nothing else to report
- Community Service—Nothing to report
- Compensation, Benefits, & Equity—Nothing to report
- Communications & Marketing—Nothing to report
- Nominations & Fundraising
F) University committee updates
- Athletic Council—Nothing to report
- Dining Services—Nothing to report
- Parking Services—Nothing to report
- Semester Conversion
- Sustainability—Nothing to report
- University Diversity Advocacy Council
- University Staff Council—Nothing else to report
- Wellness & Recreation—Nothing to report
- WSU Bookstore Committee—Nothing to report
- Staff Council Human Resources Committee—Nothing to report
- OSCHE—Nothing to report
- Lake Campus—Nothing to report
G) Questions or issues from other unclassified staff in attendance—No guests were in attendance.
H) Schedule reminders
- Human Resources Staff Council Subcommittee—Wednesday, April 25, 2012
- USAC/CSAC Spring Meeting—Wednesday, May 2, 2012
- USAC—Thursday, May 10, 2012
I) Adjourn meeting—Meeting was adjourned at 10:38 a.m., by David Bringhurst, USAC Chair.