Thursday, February 9, 2012
157 Student Union
USAC Council Members: David Bringhurst, Brandy Foster, Audwin Jones, Jennifer McCamis, Megan McCurdy, Jacqueline Neal, Wendy Riddell, Jacqueline Robinson, Craig This, Cindy Vanzant, Susan Wehmeyer
University Committee Members: Wendy Chetcuti, Susan D’Autremont, Courtney Smith, Melissa Vanzant
Absent: Jamie Norris, Nancy Pestian, Marian Brainerd, David Finnie, Colleen Hayden, Mary Healea, Marty Jenkins, Curt Pederson, Jill Puthoff, Gretchen Rentz, Valita Wilhoite, Chris Wydman
Guest(s): George Frey, Chelsea Kraft, Julie Reinhart, Holly Jackson
A) Call meeting to order—Meeting was called to order by David Bringhurst, USAC Chair, at 9:03 a.m.
B) Approval of minutes from January 12 meeting—Minutes were approved as presented.
C) Relay for Life—George Frey presented information about the upcoming Relay for Life event at Wright State on April 20
- The Wright State University Relay for Life event on Friday, April 20, starts at 6 p.m. and runs through noon on Saturday.
- The theme for this year’s event is Around the World in 18 Hours. Survivors and caregivers are honored guests at the event and, in addition to taking a lap around the course by themselves, they are also treated to dinner and have special lounge at the event. The student organization that organizes the event holds several mini-events throughout the evening/night. Luminaire are available for purchase.
- Those interested in forming a team for the event should visit relayforlife.org/wsu. There is a $10 fee to sign up and a default fundraising goal of $100 per individual and $1000 per team.
- Those that would still like to participate, but don’t want to create a team, can donate to someone else or to the event itself, identify survivors to be invited to event, buy a luminarie for $10 (before or at the event), help with set-up/tear-down, or just come and show support.
D) Officer's Report
- Communication from Henry Limouze announcing the availability of new appraisal forms and link to the OD&L website should be going out this week. We need to follow up with HR in the coming years to see if more people are being appraised.
- Waiting on response from Henry Limouze regarding the prioritized list of items that still need to be addressed from the 2008 staff survey. Spring USAC meeting with all staff will be combined with CSAC to discuss where we are with the recommendations.
- OSCHE: Shared governance is a topic of discussion at several other OSCHE institutions.
E) New Business
- Presentation from Bylaws and Charter subcommittee—Brandy presented a draft of the revised bylaws and charter to the council. Please submit any questions to Brandy, as the subcommittee will continue to work on the draft document. The proposed revision will be discussed in further detail at the March USAC meeting.
D) USAC subcommittee status reports
- Bylaws and Charter—Nothing additional to report.
- Community Service-—We Serve U is helping with the survivor dinner at Relay for Life. Donations for Relay are accepted through August. Possible recipient of Faculty/Staff/Retiree 50/50 raffle proceeds? Jen will work on a plan for how we can move forward in communicating with staff and any other fundraising opportunities for Relay for Life.
- Compensation, Benefits, & Equity—Craig has been researching bereavement leave and inclement weather absence policies at other schools to see how we compare.
- Communications & Marketing—Nothing to report.
- Nominations & Fundraising—Nothing to report.
E) University committee updates
- Athletic Council—Student athlete GPA still remains above the general WSU student GPA
- Dining Services
- Parking Services—Nothing to report.
- Semester Conversion
- Sustainability—Nothing to report.
- University Diversity Advocacy Council—Nothing to report.
- University Staff Council—Nothing to report.
- Wellness & Recreation—Nothing to report.
- WSU Bookstore Committee—Nothing to report.
- Staff Council Human Resources Committee—Nothing to report.
- OSCHE—Nothing to report.
- Lake Campus—Nothing to report.
F) Questions or issues from other unclassified staff in attendance—None
G) Schedule reminders
- USAC—Thursday, March 8
- BOT Committee Meetings—Friday, March 9
- HR Subcommittee—Wednesday, March 28
H) Adjourn meeting—Meeting was adjourned by David Bringhurst, USAC Chair, at 10:29 a.m.