October 5, 2019
Special Location: Outside Nutter Center (in the big tent) during the Festival of Flight.
Wright Brothers Day celebrates the anniversary of Wilbur Wright's 39-minute flight on Huffman Prairie on October 5, 1905. The flight demonstrated that the Wright brothers had advanced their design to the point of a practical airplane. Wright Brothers Day honors the pioneering spirit of the Wright Brothers by featuring innovative research, design, and demonstrations from Wright State faculty and departments, as well as organizations in the community. This year's event will be in coordination with the Festival of Flight, outside the Nutter Center in the big tent.
This year's event will include:
- A video gaming development/simulation lab by the Air Force Research Labs
- A virtual reality surgery simulation
- A virtual reality retail application
- A robotic arm display and information on artificial limb regeneration
- 3D printing demonstrations
- Radar imaging information and demonstrations
- A cardiac risk interface by Mile Two
- Information on genomic cancer biomarkers
- Wright Brothers and Katharine Wright actors
- Selfie Station with Wright Brothers cutouts and props
The event is organized by the American Marketing Association of Wright State University.