October 5, 2019
Special Location: To Be Announced
Wright Brothers Day celebrates the anniversary of Wilbur Wright’s 39-minute flight on Huffman Prairie on October 5, 1905. The flight demonstrated that the Wright brothers had advanced their design to the point of a practical airplane. Wright Brothers Day honors the pioneering spirit of the Wright Brothers by featuring innovative research, design, and demonstrations from Wright State faculty and departments, as well as organizations in the community. Last year's event included free food, raffles, prizes, a selfie station, and more!
Last year's event included:
- A video gaming development/simulation lab by the Air Force Research Labs
- A cardiac risk interface by Mile Two
- Information on genomic cancer biomarkers
- Representatives from the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force
- A virtual reality surgery simulation by human factors engineering program
- A robotic arm display and information on artificial limb regeneration
- Wright Brothers and Katharine Wright actors
The event is organized by the American Marketing Association of Wright State University.