Dear Wright State Community,
The health and safety of our students, faculty and staff remains our top priority during the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to closely monitor guidelines and restrictions from the State of Ohio related to the pandemic. I want to make sure you are aware of a new statewide mask order and travel warning, announced by Governor Mike DeWine yesterday. They go into effect today at 6 p.m.
Statewide Mask Order
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, Governor DeWine has announced that a statewide mask mandate will go into effect in all 88 Ohio counties beginning Thursday, July 23, at 6 p.m.
All individuals in Ohio must wear facial coverings in public at all times when:
- At an indoor location that is not a residence
- Outdoors, but unable to maintain six-foot social distance from people who are not household members
- Waiting for, riding, driving, or operating public transportation, such as a taxi, a car service, or a private car used for ride-sharing
- Those under 10 years of age
- Those with a medical condition or a disability or those communicating with someone with a disability
- Those who are actively exercising or playing sports
- Those who are officiants at religious services
- Those who are actively involved in public safety
- Those who are actively eating or drinking
Statewide Travel Warning
Governor DeWine also announced a travel advisory for all individuals coming into Ohio from states reporting positive COVID-19 testing rates of 15 percent or higher. This includes people who live in Ohio and those who are traveling into Ohio from one of the following states. At this point, those traveling from these states should self-quarantine for 14 days:
- South Carolina
Visit coronavirus.ohio.gov for tips on how to effectively quarantine.
Together, we can help stop the spread of COVID-19. Please follow these guidelines and stay healthy.
Marjorie M. Markopoulos, Ph.D., CCHO, CBM, CSP
Director, Environmental Health and Safety