These endorsements are designed for the middle school teacher who wants to expand his or her current teaching license to add additional content areas. A currently licensed middle level teacher can add content areas to his or her license by taking two additional courses in each subject area. See the program checklist for these courses and speak with the program director before taking these courses.
Candidates seeking a Middle Childhood Generalist Endorsement must hold a current Middle Childhood teaching license. Candidates who do not have a current teaching credential must complete the renewal requirements for a license prior to the granting of the endorsement.
There are three major components to obtaining an endorsement in the respective content area:
- Successful completion of the MC Generalist endorsement program of study.
- Submission of artifacts and reflections to an electronic portfolio management system.
- Passage of the appropriate Ohio state mandated test(s).
The holder of an Ohio Middle Childhood teaching credential may then add an endorsement in MC Generalist Social Studies, MC Generalist Language Arts and Reading, MC Generalist Mathematics, or MC Generalist Science.
- Current Ohio Middle Childhood Education license
- 2.5 Cumulative minimum undergraduate GPA OR Current WSU MSE candidate
For additional information:
- Middle Childhood Education Generalist Endorsement
- Department of Teacher Education
- College of Education and Human Services