On this page:
College Credit Plus (CCP) students are eligible to enroll in courses from the Wright State University Academic Catalog which meet House Bill 49 requirements, and for which they meet all course prerequisites. The online class schedule contains course CRNs and section numbers.
The subject matter of a course enrolled in under the College Credit Plus program may include mature subject matter or materials, including those of a graphic, explicit, violent, or sexual nature, that will not be modified based on CCP enrollee participation regardless of where course instruction occurs.
Visit the Wright State Campus Store to access textbook information and content.
College Credit Plus students will meet with a Wright State academic advisor each semester prior to registering for courses. The advisor can assist the student with selecting the classes that best fit their academic goals, unlock their course registration, discuss important deadlines, and provide guidance and support.
If a student is taking a CCP course at their high school, our team will work directly with their high school to register them for the course.
Please refer to the High School Graduation Course Substitution Crosswalk (PDF) provided by the Ohio Department of Higher Education to see a list of college courses that can be substituted for high school requirements.
In compliance with House Bill 49, students must follow the First 15 Rule and complete 15 credit hours in Level I before progressing to Level II.*
Level I Courses may be:
- A transferable course: Part of Career-Technical Assurance Guides (CTAG), Ohio Transfer 36, or Transfer Assurance Guides (TAG) or equivalent at private college/university
- Course in computer science, information technology, anatomy, physiology, or foreign language, including American Sign Language
- Technical certificate course
- 15-credit hour or 30-credit-hour model pathway course
- Study skills, academic, or career success skills course
- Internship course
- Another course that may be approved by the Chancellor on an annual basis
*Exceptions to the First 15 Rule may be made if the student wishes to continue with a course in the same subject or tests directly into a Level II course. Students who have met the required scores on AP or IB course examinations may apply the course toward their first 15 credit hours.
Any other college course that is not a Level I course.
Additionally, House Bill 49 adds the following non-allowable courses:
- One-on-one private instruction course
- Course with fees that exceed an amount set by Chancellor
- Study abroad course
- Physical education course
- Course that awards P/F or S/U grades (unless the course is an internship or is a transferable course for all students enrolled)
- Remedial course and sectarian religion course
Any of these courses are non-allowable unless Chancellor approves for certificate or degree completion (six weeks prior to term request; see rule for details).
Lake Campus students should print and fill out the Lake Campus College Credit Plus Advising Form (PDF). (This form is only for students who will attend the Lake Campus in Celina, Ohio.)
Eligibility for enrollment is based on the student’s high school performance, recommendations from the high school, standardized test scores, and placement examinations. Student admission requirements are detailed on the Enrollment Process webpage.