On this page:
Our Vision: To achieve gender equity along the entire STEMM pipeline.
Our Mission: The Women in Science Giving Circle (WISGC) supports gender equity and provides resources to support the development of women in STEMM fields.
The Circle recieves support from individuals as well as local, regional, national, and international sources and, through their contributions, become participating members of The Circle.
Support our mission by making a gift.
If you prefer to send your gift by mail, please send it to:
Women in Science Giving Circle
College of Science and Mathematics
134 Oelman Hall
Wright State University
3640 Colonel Glenn Highway
Dayton, OH 45435-0001
Membership is open to all alumnae, faculty, staff, and friends of Wright State University.
Benefits of Participation
The main benefit of being a Women in Science Giving Circle member is knowing how your donation dollars will be used. You will also have exciting opportunities to meet and network with fellow donors and award recipients at various Women in Science Giving Circle, College of Science and Mathematics, and Wright State University events. Other benefits include:
- Participation in an organization that invests in women in STEMM
- Helping to make strategic and informed decisions about The Circle’s philanthropy
- Invitation to The Circle’s Annual Meeting and other special programs
- Networking opportunities with people with shared values
- Eligibility for membership on the Advisory Board and standing committees of The Circle
- Yearly listing of contributors under each Donor category on The Circle sponsored flyers and Annual Reports. Corporate Donors may supply their company logo for the listing. In the first year of the Bylaws activation, the cumulative donation of each individual to The Circle for the past 5 years will be listed, but in subsequent Annual reports, the current annual donation will be listed.
- Voting rights are given to any donor contributing $100 or more in the current year.
Today, the Women in Science Giving Circle has over 60 members and is open to friends, alumni, faculty and staff of Wright State University. The current membership includes donors from academia, government, and industry. With your donations, the Circle has been able to support the professional development of 35 Wright State women. During the past 6 years:
- 19 women faculty were awarded grants from $2,500 to $5,000 each, and
- 32 women students were awarded scholarships of $1,500 each, and
- 4 women students received Honorable Mention scholarships of $500 each
The Women in Science Giving Circle (WISGC) is a philanthropic program in which donors pool their money to create opportunities that help to enhance the educational and professional success of women in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines at Wright State University.
- Founded in 2006 by College of Science and Mathematics' former Dean Michele Wheatly.
- First membership was offered to women who were members of Wright State's senior faculty or administrative staff. Efforts were expanded to alumnae and then male faculty and administrators as they too expressed interest in supporting.
- Fall 2007 enough money was raised for three educational scholarships and two research grants.
- The announcement generated over 20 applications, and the selection process for each award type was conducted by the program's voting members.
- In January 2008, the first award recipients were announced.
- June 21, 2013 a planning meeting convened attended by 12 donors. The purpose was to provide an update on the accomplishments of the Circle and challenges within current operating procedures.
- The Circle has made a large impact. You can read more information in the following PDF. WISGC June 2013 Meeting (PDF)
- The Circle hosted an event on April 24, 2014 titled "Celebrating 5 Years of Giving" which provided an opportunity for current and past recipients to meet with member and donors.
- The Circle continues to host annual award receptions, planning meetings and networking events.
FAX: (937) 775-3068