New Students

  1. Apply to Wright State University & be granted admission
  2. Apply for GI Bill benefits-www.benefits.va.gov (can be done with step one)
  3. Register for courses
  4. Schedule an appointment with the VMC-must have class schedule and proof of benefit application or Certificate of Eligibility
  5. Attend Veteran Student Orientation

Continuing Students

The Veterans Enrollment Report must be completed each term to receive GI Bill benefits. Remember only courses that apply to your major can be submitted to the VA for payment. Please see your academic advisor or your degree audit report for assistance. 


Students will need to complete an add/drop card if they change courses after the submission of their Veterans Enrollment Report. Some things to remember if you add/drop:

  • Reducing credit hours can impact monthly stipends and cause overpayments.
  • Chapter 33-Post 9/11 students could owe tuition and fees-PAY ATTENTION TO DROP REFUND DATES. REFUNDS ARE PROCESSED DURING 100% REFUND PERIOD.
  • We do not report increases in credit hours, tuition, and fees unless an add/drop card is completed.

After the students initial Enrollment Report has been submitted, subsequent Add/Drop cards are processed on the following schedule:

  • After the last day to drop with 100% refund.
  • After the last day to drop with no grade.
  • After the last day to drop with a 'W' grade.

Important Items to Remember

  • GI Bill Chapters 1606 (National Guard/Reserve), 30 (Montgomery or “Old” GI Bill), and 35 (Dependents Educational Assistance Program) do not pay tuition and fees. Students receive a monthly stipend.
  • Flex terms and summer terms are reported as separate enrollments and can affect monthly stipends. Please see a staff member if you have questions about your program and terms.
  • Certain financial aid can impact Post 9/11 (Chapter 33) benefits by reducing the amount of tuition and fees the school can report. The following aid is deemed “non-refundable” and is subtracted from your tuition and fee submission to the VA:
    • Ohio National Guard Scholarship Program (tuition only)
    • Ohio War Orphan Scholarship (tuition only)
    • Private Scholarships (based on individual scholarship agreement)
    • Tuition Assistance
    • Fee remission
    • Graduate Assistantships
    • Fellowships
  • Post 9/11 (Chapter 33) will not cover:
    • Student Health Insurance-waive able fee
    • Student Legal Fee-waive able fee
    • Campus Housing
    • Non-resident tuition-please see Raider Connect to determine eligibility
    • Inclusive courseware fees
    • Non-mandatory fees
    • Admission application fees

TDY/Leave Due to Military Orders Policy

Wright State University has a recommendation for faculty to work with those students who are called to duty, training or TDY during a term. The VMC asks students to notify faculty as soon as possible (even prior to the term) if they know of the potential to miss classes. Faculty do their best to accommodate students when able, but some cases a withdrawal is the best option.  

Student Called to Active Duty Withdrawal Policy

PDF iconMilitary Active Duty Withdrawal Policy.pdf

Readmission Due to Deployment Policy

Once you know you are returning from active duty or activation status, these are your steps:

*Note: students that have been out-of-school for more than 3 consecutive terms, will need to contact Undergraduate Admissions to be updated.*

Step 1 (Registration): Contact your academic advisor for course options. Register through Wings Express or in-person at Raider Connect. If using GI Bill benefits, complete a Veterans Enrollment Report and submit to the VMC.

Step 2 (Financial Aid): If you plan to return to WSU within the same academic year, your financial aid may remain in place for the next semester.  However, if you do not return within the same academic year, you must file a new FAFSA by the priority deadline and complete all financial aid processes as requested.  Here are helpful links to help you understand the financial aid process:

Step 3: Auxiliary Services (Residence Life, Student Health, and Student Legal):

  • Residence & Meal Plans (937-775-4172)
  • Student Health Insurance (937-7752552)