The Learning Communities Advisory Board announces the 2nd annual FYSDA scholarship with a top award of $250.
Self-nominate via application and essay by January 11, 2016. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wright State University First Year Student Distinction Awards (FYSDA) will be given to Wright State students who best achieve, in their first semester at Wright State University:
- Fall semester GPA 2.5 or higher
- 12 or more credits earned fall semester
- Registered for spring semester
- Attend the required workshops (see details below for schedule)
- Engage with the common text (events are included in the schedule below)
Recipients of the First Year Student Distinction Awards (FYSDA) will be announced on March 10, 2016. Awards will be in the form of campus Barnes & Noble gift cards.
FYSDA Schedule of Events (Attend one workshop in each category to be eligible for the FYSDA award). Follow #fysda on Twitter to get updates and reminders all semester.
Common Text Events (attend 1)
- Author Stephen Galloway, November 16 at 6:30 p.m. in Apollo Room, Student Union
- Big Read, November 17 at 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. in 116 Allyn Hall, the Educational Resource Center (1 hour participation, you do not need to attend the entire event)
Information Literacy or Digital Literacy Workshops (attend 1)
- Presentation Pizzazz with Prezi, October 28 at 6:10 – 7:10 p.m. in room 241 Dunbar Library
- Google like a Pro, November 3 at 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. in room 241 Dunbar Library
Multiculturalism Workshops (attend 1)
- How the media represents the diverse ‘other’, October 21 at 9:05 – 10:00 a.m. in room TBD
- How the media represents the diverse ‘other’, October 29 at 11:15 a.m. – 12:10 p.m. in room TBD
Civic Literacy Workshops (attend 1)
- Campus Civics 101, November 5 from 9:30 – 10:50 a.m., 037 Millett (1 hour participation, you do not need to attend the entire event)
First Year Student Distinction Award Application and Essay Instructions - Please complete the following: