The Learning Communities Advisory Board announces a new scholarship with a top award of $500.
Self-nominate via application and essay by January 13, 2014. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wright State University First Year Gateway to Success Awards will be given to Wright State students who best achieve, in their first semester at Wright State University:
- Fall semester GPA 2.7 or higher
- 12 or more credits earned fall semester
- Meet with assigned advisor and register for spring semester
- Connect with professors in their area of study
- Engage with the common text
- Use resources in the Student Academic Success Center
- Engage with someone from a different background
- Connect with campus life
Recipients of the First Year Gateway to Success Award will be announced on Tuesday March 11, 2014. Awards will be in the form of campus Barnes & Noble gift cards.
First Year Gateway to Success Award Application and Essay Instructions
Please respond to the following prompts in your essay:
- Include significant information about your successful transition to college.
- Address the impact WSU professors have made on your learning, goals, and character fall semester. This may include the impact professors make in class, as well as their advice and assistance during office hours and their mentoring at informal campus events and receptions.
- Describe your meaningful reaction to themes in The Other Wes Moore.
- Address your experience of diversity at Wright State University and the personal growth you have experienced by learning about someone who has a background significantly different from yours.