If you would like to submit a book for consideration by the Common Text committee, please ensure it meets the following criteria and enter the information in the form below.
- Readable, compelling, engaging
- Exhibits complexity—may be read on multiple levels
- Requires students to stretch in some way
- Readily connects to service learning opportunities
- Could be used by faculty in a number of GE courses, especially English, History, Psychology, Political Science, Sociology, etc.
- Could be used by faculty and peer mentors in the first-year seminar class
- Is not a standard high school reading
- Is short (around 300 pages) or can easily be broken into teachable units
- Has a living author (or a qualified substitute) who be brought to campus for an affordable rate