The mission of Tutoring Services is to serve as a center for learning assistance, providing a support structure that allows students to gain self-confidence and independence in their academic work.
Tutoring Services strives to locate a tutor for any course offered at the university in which a student may be experiencing difficulty. Students can sign up for tutoring not only to pass the class, but also to improve their grades.
- One-on-one or group tutoring is available for most undergraduate courses and a limited number of graduate level courses.
- Examine academic strengths and weaknesses and develop strategies for time-management, test-taking, text-book reading, memorization, and note-taking.
- Direct students to "help rooms" provided by various departments, where free walk-in tutoring is available.
- Tutors are available 7 days a week from 8 a.m.-10 p.m. to accommodate all schedules.
- Freshman students (by credit hour) are eligible to receive one hour of free tutoring per week for each course. Upper level students and additional tutoring will be billed at the reduced rate of $5.00/hour (with completed tutor evaluation). Free tutoring is also available~ inquire during appointment setup.
Free Walk-In Departmental Help
Use these links to find more information.
Director, Tutoring Services & Supplemental Instruction
023R Dunbar Library
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tutoring Hours: 7 days a week, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.