Part of getting RaiderReady means getting your very own Wright1 Card. 

Getting a Wright1 card is a planned part of Orientation. So, come ready to say "CHEESE".

To receive your Wright1 Card at Orientation, you must have a government issued photo ID (Driver’s License, Military ID or Passport) with you. Yes, it's in's that important!

Transfer students—get your Wright1 Card at the Wright1 Card Center in 055 Student Union. Be sure to bring a government issued photo ID with you.

My Wright1 Card

Not your average ID card. Your Wright1 card also serves as a pre-paid debit card, library card, meal card, and an access card for recreation facilities, parking lots and certain labs on-campus. Scroll down to learn more about each feature.

On this page:

University ID

Wright1 Cards are issued to any new student, faculty or staff member at WSU. Wright1 cards are also available for purchase by any affiliate, current Alumni Association Gold members, or contractors associated with WSU.

Raider Cash

Raider Cash is accepted anywhere on or off-campus that the Wright1 Card is accepted. Raider Cash rolls over each semester and are never remitted to the University. Raider Cash will stay on your account until you spend it or leave the University and request a refund.

Dining Dollars

Dining Dollars are only accepted at campus Hospitality Service locations. These funds act as a debit account and are designed to complement your pre-paid meal swipes. Dining Dollars roll over from Fall to Spring semester, but expire at the end of each academic year.

Meal Swipes

Meal Swipes are accepted at campus Hospitality Service locations. Pre-paid Meal Swipes are designed to help you manage your meal plan through the semester and offer discounts for meal plan members.  Learn more about swipes and meal plans at

Library Card

Your Wright1 Card can be used to check out books or media from the Dunbar Library.  Just present your Wright1 Card to the circulation desk, along with the items you want to check out.  The length of borrowing time depends on your status and type of card.  For more information, visit

Door Access

Your Wright1 card gives you access to certain doors on campus, depending on your status and classes that you are taking.


Your Wright1 card also gives you access to the Student Union Fitness Center and the Nutter Center fitness facilities. Students living on campus will also have access to the fitness center located in the Honors Dorm.  Access is granted to currently registered students, WSU faculty and staff, affiliates, and alumni who have purchased a membership with the Alumni Association

(special note: students that are not required to attend Orientation should go to the Wright1 Center to get a picture taken. Here's what you need to know: If you are a valid Wright State student, come to the Wright1 Center, 055 Student Union, between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. You must bring your UID # and a photo ID (i.e. State ID, Driver's License, Military ID, Passport).)