Student Handbook Sub Banner
The University Libraries uphold the mission of Wright State University by providing exceptional research services and resources to facilitate faculty and student success and by fostering innovation and life-long learning in our diverse community.
The University Libraries Website (link: http://www.libraries.wright.edu) provides 24/7 access to wide variety of information resources including electronic books and journals, research databases, media, and selected Internet resources.
A few highlights of the Dunbar Library are:
- OhioLINK (link: http://ohiolink.edu) Dunbar Library is a member of this statewide network of shared resources, where students can request books from libraries across the state
- Research Guides – guides created by library staff for all subjects.
- Student Technology Assistance Center (link: http://www.libraries.wright.edu/stac )(STAC)– located on the second floor of Dunbar Library, includes PC and Mac computers and a variety of software for use in the creation of multi-media projects
- The Group Study Room – the Group Study Room one the first floor, is the perfect place to meet friends, play a game from our Brain Games collection, study or relax between classes.
- Quiet Study and Silent Study – Quiet Study is always available on the third and fourth floors of Dunbar Library. Silent study (which restricts any and all noise) is often available in Room 315. Check our calendar (link to: http://www.libraries.wright.edu/calendar/) for specific times.
- Librarians - are available in person, via chat, text, email, and AskALibrarian (link: http://www.libraries.wright.edu/help/ask) to assist users in accessing and using resources.
- Courses and workshops - using electronic resources and on topics such as creating with multimedia and building basic research skills.
- Special Collections & Archives (link: http://www.libraries.wright.edu/special) – Located on the fourth floor, SC&A collects, preserves, and provides access to primary sources that document the history of aviation, aviation technology, the legacy of the Wright Brothers the local and regional history of the Miami Valley, and the history of Wright State University
- CORE Scholar (link http://corescholar.libraries.wright.edu) – Wright States’ Institutional Repository is a collection of thousands of faculty and student research papers, articles, presentations, and more.
- Social media – want to keep up with what’s happening with University Libraries? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram @DunbarLibrary, and on our blog, Dunbar Wire (link: http:// libraries.wright.edu/dunbarwire)
libraries.wright.edu (link: http://www.libraries.wright.edu)
3640 Col Glenn Hwy.
Dayton, OH 45435-001