1st Annual Student Affairs October Walk
Please join us for our 1st Annual October Walk on the 2nd. This one-mile on campus walk will be led by Jennifer Turpin of Fitness and Wellness. We will start at the Student Union Recreation Desk at noon. Walk with us in support of the Wright State University Friendship Food Pantry by bringing one item to donate. If you cannot walk, but would like to make a donation, it would be appreciated. Register yourself, or your office can register as a team. Email email@example.com to register.
Suggested Donations for the Friendship Food Pantry
- 1 lb. bags of brown and white rice
- 1 lb. bag of Quinoa
- Jars of Salsa
- Bags of Tortilla Chips
- Boxes of Cold Cereal
- Pop Tarts
- Microwave Popcorn
- Non-Refrigerated Milk (whole, 2%, 1%, skim and non-dairy)
- Sliced Cheese
- Cheese Whiz
- 1 lb. bags or boxes of brown and white Sugar
- Fresh fruits and veggies
- Bottled or canned Juices
- Loaves of bread or packages of ready to eat rolls (wheat and white)
- Meatless products (Morning Star Farms, Boca)
- Tofu and tofu based products
- Pre-packaged nuts and seeds (cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds & tahini)
- Microwavable meals
- Full sized personal hygiene products (toothpaste, tooth brushes, deodorant, shower gel, razors, shaving cream, etc.)
Dessert War on September 22 from 12-1 p.m. Rathskeller, Student Union
Enter in your best dessert for the Dessert War. All staff members will be welcome to stop by and taste test and then cast a vote for their favorite.
Halloween Celebration on October 29
Put on your costumes, decorate the office, and participate in Trick-or-Treat for the students.
Headshots for Staff and SAHE Students on October 21 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. 206 Med Sci
Graduate Students in the Student Affairs in Higher Education Program and Student Affairs graduate assistants will have the opportunity to have a professional headshot taken in honor of Careers in Higher Education Month. Please call (937) 775-2808 to schedule a timeslot. Priority will be given to eligible graduate students. Individuals are responsible for purchasing their own digital downloads of their photos for $5.00 each from the Office of Marketing.